Does Wii U come with Composite or HDMI cable?

#111shadetail1Posted 9/4/2012 10:05:53 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
elheber posted...
It'd be terribly stupid to not ship a console with at least a composite cable. It's a base necessity. Not everyone has an HDTV.

Compoinent and HDMI cables are the optional ones. But I agree that HDMI is dirt cheap to produce.

people that game seriously need to grab an HD TV they can be had for 200 dollars or less and this black friday probably even cheaper than that.

That attitude is so elitist. Some people really do have to choose between a game console and an HDTV. Not everyone has enough disposable income that they can have both. Just because someone is on a tight budget doesn't mean they aren't serious gamers.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#12mmarksterPosted 9/4/2012 10:06:15 AM
I bought an HDMI cable for less than $2 and a splitter which costs less than $10 for this purpose.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name: mmarkster
As of June 28th, 2012, I predict the Wii U will release on November 18, 2012.
#13DeathSoul2000Posted 9/4/2012 10:08:33 AM
i can understand why they stick in composite. even though hd is becoming standard, its not completely standard still, and there are people who haven't or won't upgrade to hd and then this screws them over. but tbh, people really have no reason for not upgrading these days, since hdtvs are dirt cheap now.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#14Paulf001Posted 9/4/2012 12:04:07 PM
elheber posted...
It'd be terribly stupid to not ship a console with at least a composite cable. It's a base necessity. Not everyone has an HDTV.

Compoinent and HDMI cables are the optional ones. But I agree that HDMI is dirt cheap to produce.

Hate to burst your bubble but, any TV sold today is HD and has an HDMI input. You can not even buy SD TVs anymore.
#15elheberPosted 9/4/2012 12:07:35 PM
^ Not everyone has one of those TVs yet. And even if there's one in every household (there isn't) there's still no guarantee it's in the room the game console will be in.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#16IcecreamdunwichPosted 9/4/2012 12:14:16 PM
More people have HDTVs at this point, composites are not worth packing in.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#17nintendomaniacPosted 9/4/2012 12:15:18 PM
Seeing how a component cable and a composite cable is physically exactly the same, there's no reason for Nintendo to NOT include a component-composite hybrid cable.
---
The admin of GameFAQs is clearly haunted by the ghost of Steve Jobs. Why else would Android not be in the platforms banner?
#18ThePCElitistPosted 9/4/2012 12:21:49 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Shipping a console with composite cables is just -------- nowadays. Component cables should be packaged at the very least. Monoprice has HDMI cables for dirt cheap prices... I would think composites would acually cost more now because no one needs or uses them anymore.

Believe it or not but a lot of people don't have HDTV's at all. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. That's why they still bundle composite cables with consoles. This applies to any console manufacturer.
#19nintendomaniacPosted 9/4/2012 12:28:40 PM
Like I said, component and composite cables are physically the same, so they should just make a combined hybrid cable (heck composite's "yellow" and component's "green" are even electrically compatible)
---
The admin of GameFAQs is clearly haunted by the ghost of Steve Jobs. Why else would Android not be in the platforms banner?
#20KoffSyrupPosted 9/4/2012 1:56:09 PM
It's unconscionable that they don't include a RF adapter. After all, there are still people who cannot afford a TV with composite!
---
Everybody was willing to forget about it but not me. I did some snooping around, found some chow hound had made a wax impression of the ice box key.