Straight Right: Mass Effect 3 Wii U looks "just as good" as other versions

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 9/10/2012 11:29:54 AM
In bringing the highly-praised Mass Effect 3 to the Wii U, Australian developer Straight Right faces the challenge of making the game work for the new console and validating its existence to a new and uncertain market.

This is something that Tom Crago, head of Straight Right, is aware of. "We're very conscious of not wanting to mess up," he said, speaking with Eurogamer, "given the level of expectation and the fact that we're taking something which, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and PC, was exceptionally good."

"You look at the game and think 'how could I possibly make this better?' The Wii U gives you that opportunity with the GamePad. But first and foremost you say, 'well, I don't want to screw this up',"Crago continued. "You want to replicate the experience on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as sympathetically as possible. But then you say, 'how can I enhance this experience?'. We tried to get the game looking great and singing on Wii U, and then use the GamePad to complement this."

The GamePad will be used in a variety of ways, allowing players to see a map of their surroundings (complete with highlighted teammates and enemies), quickly select and use powers in combat, and even play the game from the tablet's screen.

Straight Right has been working with Wii U hardware for over a year, beginning work on the port months before Mass Effect 3's original release date. It's a good thing they've had time to get used to the console. "This is the biggest title we've worked on in a long time,"he said. "There's a significant technical challenge bringing the game from its original format to the Wii U. It's a new, different and sophisticated piece of hardware, so there's a good deal of technical energy that's been expended making that happen."

And don't worry about the visuals. Crago said that they look "just as good"as the versions on other consoles.

Crago closed off by announcing that Straight Right is currently in the works on two more projects for the console. "We've made a number of bets on the Wii U, so we're certainly hoping that the platform comes strongly out of the gate. We've got two other titles in development. One of them is original, our own IP, and another is based on another big franchise that will come out in 2013.”As for what this big franchise could be, all he said was that, "It's a big title and you will have heard of it."

http://www.gamedynamo.com/article/showarticle/4341/en/ mass_effect_3_on_wii_u_looks_just_as_good_developer_ straight_right_has_two_more_wii_u_games_in_the_works
---
"We're in bed together, Senator, we have been for a while. So relax, bend over, and enjoy it." - Jason Wynn
#2jmichaelbpPosted 9/10/2012 11:33:06 AM
I think the big title is Battlefield 4.
#3Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 9/10/2012 11:36:02 AM
Yeah right, lol
#4Jammy_BleachedPosted 9/10/2012 11:36:43 AM
Dragon Age 3 which was rumoured some time ago.
#5ManjiMidouPosted 9/10/2012 11:44:56 AM
Just as good?

ha...what a joke....damn. Oh well time to wait for the ps4/next xbox for the true next gen of home consoles to start l suppose.
#6frogman_295Posted 9/10/2012 11:46:05 AM
That is sad that we are happy that a last generation title is just "on par". Nintendo should just delay this until 2013, forget about the sleek Wii-like small form factor and put a better CPU in.
---
I really need to delete this account
#7MichaelDeAngeloPosted 9/10/2012 12:04:35 PM
frogman_295 posted...
That is sad that we are happy that a last generation title is just "on par". Nintendo should just delay this until 2013, forget about the sleek Wii-like small form factor and put a better CPU in.

On par out the gate is not bad at all.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#8melvin343Posted 9/10/2012 12:08:40 PM
Honestly this is not true. I play the ME trilogy on my xbox 360 and I can tell you that the Graphics for PS3 and Xbox 360 are the same as well as will it be for Wii U.
I'm not trying to be a Jerk for saying this but Nintendo could do better then by getting another Sy-Fy game then ME3, Bioware has said that they will not release ME2 and there is very little demanding by bringing ME2 or ME3 to begin with. if a Nintendo Fan wants to play ME, just play it on Xbox 360, PS3 or PC but beyond that, it made since to bring it out on PS3 back then and ME3 is just the end of the game.
---
R.I.P Project 961 and the rest of the Project family.
XBOX GT: player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#9SirPiercePosted 9/10/2012 12:12:05 PM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
frogman_295 posted...

On par out the gate is not bad at all.

Exactly, on par with current PS360 games is a great thing. Look at the launch PS360 games...they were terrible (as a majority). They were basically just PS2 and XBox games.
---
Games Most Excited For...
Dishonored (360), Scribblenauts (U), Borderlands 2 (360), Ninja Gaiden (U), Pokemon Black 2 (DS), PASBR (PS3), MGR Revengeance (360)
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 9/10/2012 12:20:24 PM
No one knows what a port is apparently. A port to be just as good as the others is great. USUALLY they don't change graphics and things when porting games.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com