WIth 8GB and 32GB internal storage included by default, how will DLC be handled?

#1HEDGESMFGPosted 9/13/2012 1:45:37 AM
Notable confirmed titles for the Wii U are going to have, or already have DLC. I.E. Mass Effect 3, Batman, and Creed 3. Sure, the former 2 will include some if not all of their avaliable DLC already on the disc, but the latter likely will not.

Is there any indication that the memory will be upgradable to support future DLC expansions? Say what you will about the nature of DLC itself, but it is now a standard component of the HD era.

Any specifics been released yet? I know they talked of comparability with USB drives, which if still true is a god-send, but I am still skeptical that this will be the end result until they confirm it.

Also, lack of DLC support will hurt 3rd party support if there is not a clear option to upgrade your storage space made available.

So any news on this?
#2BonezWellPosted 9/13/2012 1:49:15 AM
External hard drives are compatible, confirmed s ce god knows when.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#3cjs177Posted 9/13/2012 1:49:35 AM
you can use external storage devices
#4blue_hedgehogPosted 9/13/2012 1:50:17 AM(edited)
You can use any external USB hard drive with the Wii U and it will also have an SD card slot.
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#5HEDGESMFG(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 1:54:21 AM
Then if that's true, I see no reason NOT to buy the basic bundle, as I can upgrade cheaply and easily at any time I choose, and chances are if the packin game for a premium version is Nintendoland, I'd rather spend the money on a game I want like Rayman, mario, or ZombiU instead.
#6Board_hunter567Posted 9/13/2012 1:56:10 AM
HEDGESMFG posted...
Then if that's true, I see no reason NOT to buy the basic bundle, as I can upgrade cheaply and easily at any time I choose, and chances are if the packin game for a premium version is Nintendoland, I'd rather spend the money on a game I want like Rayman, mario, or ZombiU instead.

I suppose it'll boil down to how much you plan on spending on the online store.

But yes, Basic will probably be the way to go for most.
#7FoppePosted 9/13/2012 1:58:28 AM
The Premium 32GB SKU also comes with the Nintendo Network Premium program, which seems to give you cheaper DL.
If you are a heavy downloader, then you will get a better deal with the 32GB SKU.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8SMASHKING84Posted 9/13/2012 2:01:51 AM
I'll probally get the premium model it'll cost you about 50 bucks for a 32 gb sd card anyways.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 NSMB 2 5 shiny stars:clear time 44:31
#9overkillwfo1978Posted 9/13/2012 2:18:30 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I'll probally get the premium model it'll cost you about 50 bucks for a 32 gb sd card anyways.

This. Plus, if i read correctly the Prem is the only black console? I can't do white, looks like crap also discount on downloads to boot... I download a ton of stuff on Xbox live, I'm sure Ill do the same with this system. Prem is the only way to go for me...
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#10SMASHKING84Posted 9/13/2012 2:28:54 AM
Plus i like black more then white anyways and atm black is only avialible as premium
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 NSMB 2 5 shiny stars:clear time 44:31