With the 10% eShop discount, the Premium set pays for itself.

#1FlippinTurtlesPosted 9/13/2012 1:55:28 AM
Once again, Nintendo has grabbed me by the sack and is not letting go. 2 years of online discounts is THE ISH! If the rate I'm spending on the 3DS eShop is anything to go by, the Premium bundle will pay for itself.

What did $50 on the PS3 give me? Only 120GB of extra space. Not even the discounts to fill it up.
---
Trypophobia
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF134-Game_System.gif
#2Board_hunter567Posted 9/13/2012 1:57:42 AM(edited)
The eShop prices should also be cheaper (albeit slightly).
Somebody should do the math to see how much you could potentially save (and more importantly, how long it would take to start saving).
#3soothsayer77Posted 9/13/2012 1:59:50 AM(edited)
Playstation Plus kind of rules now, actually. It snags you a lot of free (and good) retail and PSN games, and still gives you a discount on a lot of PSN titles, along with other little features.
#4Lemmywinks13Posted 9/13/2012 2:01:59 AM
Actually I'm not too impressed by that as I pride myself on being a bargain hunter so 10% isn't that great for me. But I'm also reading that it's up to the developer to decide what the discount is so it could be even greater.
#5KaiserLeoPosted 9/13/2012 2:04:06 AM
FlippinTurtles posted...
Once again, Nintendo has grabbed me by the sack and is not letting go. 2 years of online discounts is THE ISH! If the rate I'm spending on the 3DS eShop is anything to go by, the Premium bundle will pay for itself.

What did $50 on the PS3 give me? Only 120GB of extra space. Not even the discounts to fill it up.

Don't expect any new games on the VC. The NGC will be the GBA of the WiiU.
---
MD II/GB/GBC/GBC/N64/PSOne/GBA/PS2/NGC/PS2s/DS/Wii/PS3/PSP 2k/360/PS2s/DSiXL/PSP 3k/PS3s/360s
#6hellbringherPosted 9/13/2012 2:04:07 AM
You would have to download $500 worth of games in 2 years to make it worth it. If that is what you are basing your logic on.
---
Shoot red barrels and propane tanks to blow up your enemies.
#7Arcanine2009Posted 9/13/2012 2:07:55 AM
Well actually... This could make you spend more than usual. Premium is definitely considered to be for hardcore gamers.. But

1. You need to buy a lot of games to make it "pay for itself." If you buy more games for the sake of offsetting the premium price with the 10% buyback, you're still spending money(and more of it) for each separate game to offset that price. Imagine those buy 1 get one free deals or buy 1 get one get 1 half off deals at the super market. Those deals entice you to buy more than you usually do..

2. If you end up buying a lot of games, you'll have to spend money on a flash drive or portable hard drive.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#8EoinPosted 9/13/2012 2:08:51 AM
The eShop prices should also be cheaper (albeit slightly).
Somebody should do the math to see how much you could potentially save (and more importantly, how long it would take to start saving).

It's difficult to do maths without figures (such as how much games will cost, and - rather importantly - how much the Wii U will cost).

If there's a US$50 price gap between the basic and premium models then a 10% discount obviously translates into US$500 worth of eShop purchases. However it's not entirely that simple - since eShop has to compete with retail. If a game costs US$60 on the eShop and US$55 at retail, the discount will get you the game for US$54, but instead of saving US$6 you're really only saving US$1. It's still nice but it messes with the maths.
#9FlippinTurtles(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 2:09:35 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
Don't expect any new games on the VC. The NGC will be the GBA of the WiiU.

What does the National Geographic Channel have to do with any of this??
---
Trypophobia
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF134-Game_System.gif
#10overkillwfo1978Posted 9/13/2012 2:13:39 AM(edited)
hellbringher posted...
You would have to download $500 worth of games in 2 years to make it worth it. If that is what you are basing your logic on.

10 games @ 49.99. Approx 8 at 59.99 which a lot of games are priced.... in 2 years. Not anywhere near out of the question. I would probably do that EASILY in 1 year.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"