I guess the U stands for Underwhelming?

#1GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 9/13/2012 7:13:14 AM
- Way overpriced (launching at way above the competitions prices, Wii sold because it was the cheapest option, period)
- No commitment on launch dates for the games (not even a ****ing list of confirmed launch day titles? Are you ****ting me?)
- More time wasted on mediocre crap like Nintendoland, media hub bull****, and sub par shovelware like Wipeout 3,Transformers etc
- Just about all the same junk that was shown at E3
- Only promising titles (Bayonetta, MH3U etc) are not launch titles and didn't even have a estimated release quarter announced (probably a year from now or more really since they didnt even have trailers or actual gameplay videos to show)
- No awesome surprise Nintendo game reveal at the end
- No killer app system seller title confirmed for launch or shown

Nintendo fanboys must be easy to excite because literally nothing in that show made me give even a remote damn about the Wii U, lol even the crowd was dead as a doornail. Even when the Activision guy tried whipping out black ops 2.....yeah nada. Everyones already been there and done that dude.

What an utter disappointment, nintendos completely lost touch. Just...yikes. I think Nintendo forgot the golden rule of a system launch, where you need at least 1 AAA killer app must have title at launch to make people go "I need to buy this hardware to play this". Apparently they think Nintendoland is that game. Yeah.....nah. Sorry. Better luck next time.

I was seriously expecting at least a trailer for something like Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox, SOMETHING. What a ****in dud. Guess i'm waiting a few years then, oh well.

Enjoy your glorified cable box tv guide and Mii mini games, early adopters. Looks like its not gonna be good for much else till later next year =p
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#2MegagunstarmanPosted 9/13/2012 7:14:38 AM
MH3U is before March 2013.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#3Canas_RenvallPosted 9/13/2012 7:14:46 AM
Thank you for your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. :)

No need to insult people for their buying choices.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#4MichaelDeAngeloPosted 9/13/2012 7:18:58 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
- Way overpriced (launching at way above the competitions prices, Wii sold because it was the cheapest option, period) Wii sold because of word of mouth and the new experiences it offered in addition to the price
- No commitment on launch dates for the games (not even a ****ing list of confirmed launch day titles? Are you ****ting me?)
- More time wasted on mediocre crap like Nintendoland, media hub bull****, and sub par shovelware like Wipeout 3,Transformers etc You say Nintendoland is mediocre, but a lot of people who have had time with it say that it is an awesome piece of software. Have you tried it? Tell me your experiences.
- Only promising titles (Bayonetta, MH3U etc) are not launch titles and didn't even have a estimated release quarter announced (probably a year from now or more really since they didnt even have trailers or actual gameplay videos to show) MH is coming out in March for Wii U and 3DS with connective features.
- No awesome surprise Nintendo game reveal at the endCry more.
- No killer app system seller title confirmed for launch or shownNo system ever has a "killer app system seller title" at launch beyond what we already have.

Nintendo fanboys must be easy to excite because literally nothing in that show made me give even a remote damn about the Wii U, lol even the crowd was dead as a doornail. Even when the Activision guy tried whipping out black ops 2.....yeah nada. Everyones already been there and done that dude. BO2 got spoiled before the event anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered.

What an utter disappointment, nintendos completely lost touch. Just...yikes. I think Nintendo forgot the golden rule of a system launch, where you need at least 1 AAA killer app must have title at launch to make people go "I need to buy this hardware to play this". Apparently they think Nintendoland is that game. Yeah.....nah. Sorry. Better luck next time.

I was seriously expecting at least a trailer for something like Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox, SOMETHING. What a ****in dud. Guess i'm waiting a few years then, oh well.

Enjoy your glorified cable box tv guide and Mii mini games, early adopters. Looks like its not gonna be good for much else till later next year =p

---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#5Rasputin77Posted 9/13/2012 7:20:53 AM
Guess i'm waiting a few years then, oh well.

That long? I'm guesstimating 6 months... I think they know they'll have to step up soon.
---
GameFAQs: Where 'troll' only has 247 definitions.
Congratulations - you've watered down a word to the point of having no effect.
#6GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 7:39:37 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Guess i'm waiting a few years then, oh well.

That long? I'm guesstimating 6 months... I think they know they'll have to step up soon.

I already got burned good on the Wii, even buying it a few years in there weren't many solid AAA games available. Christ the goddamn zelda game came out in the last year of its life....

I'll get it once it has like 8-10 AAA titles, with a good portion of those being core franchise titles and AAA exclusives (I have a PC for multiplats)

Nintendos failed so hard to hype this thing its crazy haha. Wasted that whole show on crappy games like Nintendoland and multimedia garbage gamers could care less about. We all have pcs and smartphones nintendo, show us the ****ing games you nitwits. Nobodys gonna run out and spend 300 bucks for a glorified cable box/tv guide, the goddamn cable box comes with that, as well as on demand and all that, and people have that crap on their pcs and phones too, OR on psn and xbox live already.

They really literally must have the worst marketing dept on the face of the earth, if they even have one at all. I'm really starting to wonder at this point....
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#7KtuluheroIIPosted 9/13/2012 7:40:06 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
- Way overpriced (launching at way above the competitions prices, Wii sold because it was the cheapest option, period)
- More time wasted on mediocre crap like Nintendoland, media hub bull****, and sub par shovelware like Wipeout 3,Transformers etc
- Only promising titles (Bayonetta, MH3U etc) are not launch titles and didn't even have a estimated release quarter announced (probably a year from now or more really since they didnt even have trailers or actual gameplay videos to show)
- No awesome surprise Nintendo game reveal at the end
- No killer app system seller title confirmed for launch or shown

Nintendo fanboys must be easy to excite because literally nothing in that show made me give even a remote damn about the Wii U, lol even the crowd was dead as a doornail. Even when the Activision guy tried whipping out black ops 2.....yeah nada. Everyones already been there and done that dude.

The U stands for u mad.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#8ssj_duelistPosted 9/13/2012 7:40:18 AM
The PS3 and 720's prices will be much higher.
---
Currently anticipating October's: Resident Evil 6 (2nd), Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (12th) and 007 Legends (19th).
#9lionheart5656Posted 9/13/2012 7:41:43 AM
Mario is the killer app.

Doesn't matter if you don't like the game. It was one of the best selling games on the Wii if not the best.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#10thundercat2600Posted 9/13/2012 7:42:45 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
The PS3 and 720's prices will be much higher.

Xbox 360 started at $299 when it launched, and it was packing FAR more advanced tech for its time than WiiU. What makes you think the next Xbox will be more expensive?
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,510
Nintendo stock today: 8,110