WiiU to drop to 300 in 5 months?

#31DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 1:19:14 PM
quickposter posted...
I think the price drop helped 3DS sales go up. I don't think it would have stopped people who want Vita anyway. If they are on the fence about Vita its more likely to do with something on Sony's side rather than Nintendo. It could be a lack of big games currently, it could be their tactics with piracy. Or it could be price of the Vita.

Its just like with PS3. It wasn't so much the 360 being cheaper that made people go to it. Its because Sony were so foolish with their pricing. Generally when things go wrong with a system its more to do with the manufacturer than the competition. Like 3DS was the lack of games and price.

Of course it did, everyone was wondering if vita would have a price drop too, and everyone on the fence jumped onthe one that dropped it's price by 1/3. Vita has had a way better selection then games then 3DS had, way better features, online is way better despite Nintendo having more time to get it up and put stuff on the store then Sony, the hardware is way better, the only difference really is the price, and the fact 3DS dropped it's price.
#32SlimeSwayzePosted 9/13/2012 1:19:56 PM
VGAddict90 posted...
Am I the only one who thought the graphics for the games they showed at the conference looked great?

Compared to the Wii, they looked amazing. But compared to the PS3 and 360, and particularly compared to what even mid-level PCs are doing now, it was underwhelming. Still, Nintendo can suck me in if they bring it with a new Metroid Prime, Zelda, and a 3D Mario. A HD remake of Eternal Darkness would also seal the deal.
---
Currently Playing: The Witcher, Bioshock, and Home
#33quickposterPosted 9/13/2012 1:25:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Of course it did, everyone was wondering if vita would have a price drop too, and everyone on the fence jumped onthe one that dropped it's price by 1/3.

I see what you mean. Yeah it did hurt Sony in that sense. Because Nintendo dropped it so fast people are expecting Sony to do it any day now. So a lot will be holding off, especially with all the negative press surrounding it.

Its still hard to say with this though. Look at the Kinect 360 slim. People were certain that Kinect would flop at the bundle price they were asking. They said that casuals won't pay that kind of cash. Boy were they wrong. Thats why its so hard to say.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#34DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 2:34:54 PM
quickposter posted...
I see what you mean. Yeah it did hurt Sony in that sense. Because Nintendo dropped it so fast people are expecting Sony to do it any day now. So a lot will be holding off, especially with all the negative press surrounding it.

Its still hard to say with this though. Look at the Kinect 360 slim. People were certain that Kinect would flop at the bundle price they were asking. They said that casuals won't pay that kind of cash. Boy were they wrong. Thats why its so hard to say.

Kinect was force advertised, Vita has had barely any advertising because Sony's been saving it up for the holidays. MS spent a massive amount on advertising for kinect.