Virtual console question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Virtual console question.

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
4 years ago#1
Has Nintendo said anything about VC games we currently have on the Wii being transferable to the U?

I just don't want to pay for Kirby 64 and Paper Mario three times.
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: Hejiru206

Hejiru206
4 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure they said you can transfer them from the Wii to the Wii U, just like you could with the DS -> 3DS.

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
4 years ago#3
Hopefully. Both games are quite special to me and i'd have to keep them at all costs.
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
4 years ago#4
I'm also hoping that save games are transferable so I don't have to keep my wii connected to the tv when I get a wii u.
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Corsair 750TX PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors

User Info: DigitalMax

DigitalMax
4 years ago#5
Everything is transferable... well except the save data of Nintendo Wii games that support online multiplayer. That save data cannot be copied or moved.

User Info: 01Philip01

01Philip01
4 years ago#6
Hejiru206 posted...
I'm pretty sure they said you can transfer them from the Wii to the Wii U, just like you could with the DS -> 3DS.

dsi*
Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7
3DS Friend Code: 0387 9129 6502

User Info: videogamefan65

videogamefan65
4 years ago#7
Not sure about NA/JP, but the EU nintendo direct confirmed that it could all be transferred from wii to wii u
BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE! AGAINST THE ODDS! WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT! BLOSSOM DANCE!

User Info: Kayube

Kayube
4 years ago#8
Nintendo might send out a Wii Channel to transfer everything (including online multiplayer game saves- they'd just have to make sure it was impossible for people to cheat with the transfer)
This signature intentionally left blank.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Virtual console question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived