If you're complaining about the storage space on the Wii U, you know nothing.

#11TiamatKillerPosted 9/13/2012 12:15:38 PM
ebj767 posted...
You really think Nintendo is going to sell you an external harddrive cheaper than what you can get as a consumer? The whole point of a company is to take something thats worth X amount, charge X amount more, and make the consumer buy it. Nintendo will never be able to sell you an external harddrive at a competitive price compared to Seagate/Western Digitial/X Data Company.

They're basically skipping the BS and giving the power to the consumer. I give Nintendo major props for this, they could have pulled a M$ and created a proprietary hardrive which costs them 20 bucks and charge you $120 for it, is that what you wanted?

It still doesn't excuse them from having such a low amount of internal storage when compared to their competition. They aren't even competing with 'next-gen' yet, they're lower than 'last-gen.' I'm willing to put money on the fact that most of the people who buy the Wii U won't think to get/bother getting an external hard drive.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#12Paulf001Posted 9/13/2012 12:17:29 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
ebj767 posted...
You really think Nintendo is going to sell you an external harddrive cheaper than what you can get as a consumer? The whole point of a company is to take something thats worth X amount, charge X amount more, and make the consumer buy it. Nintendo will never be able to sell you an external harddrive at a competitive price compared to Seagate/Western Digitial/X Data Company.

They're basically skipping the BS and giving the power to the consumer. I give Nintendo major props for this, they could have pulled a M$ and created a proprietary hardrive which costs them 20 bucks and charge you $120 for it, is that what you wanted?

It still doesn't excuse them from having such a low amount of internal storage when compared to their competition. They aren't even competing with 'next-gen' yet, they're lower than 'last-gen.' I'm willing to put money on the fact that most of the people who buy the Wii U won't think to get/bother getting an external hard drive.

Most people probably won't plan on downloading full games on their Wii U either because it doesn't support much space out of the box.
#13SoaringDivePosted 9/13/2012 12:25:42 PM(edited)
I'm actually really hyped. I get to use external HDDs instead of ridiculously priced Microsoft proprietary HDDs that absolutely suck. There are reasons I don't play my 360, and the terribly slow hard drives they force down your throat is one of them.
---
"Level up your life, every single day." ~Steve Kamb
#14SolisPosted 9/13/2012 12:25:39 PM
ebj767 posted...

No, actually the PS3's internal harddrive added around $40 to the cost as of 3 years ago, and the price/capacity has almost assuredly only improved by then. You could also replace the harddrive with any standard 2.5" SATA harddrive (or 3.5", if you were willing to rest the harddrive externally). The Wii U will not give you that option.

The problem is that the Wii U's storage format IS proprietary, they force you to pay for it with the console whether you want to use it or not, and give you no option to remove/replace it. That's a separate issue from supporting external USB storage devices (which both the Xbox 360 and PS3 do as well).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review