Can you use the Wii U pro Controller to play regular wii games?

#1Son_of_ManaPosted 9/13/2012 12:29:07 PM
I noticed the WII U PRO Controller does not have a wire that needs to be connected to the wii mote (like the classic controller).

So:

Can you use the Wii U pro Controller to play regular wii games? What about Virtual console titles?

Does it or does it not have a wire? What about rechargeable battery?

I want to play Virtual Console and Wii games on the Wii U using the new WII U PRO controller WITHOUT ANY WIRES--- CAN I DO THIS?
---
J--E--T--S. JETS JETS JETS!
#21shadetail1Posted 9/13/2012 12:32:21 PM
It likely depends on what kind of controllers the games themselves support. If they only support Wii Remotes, then it's not likely to support the Pro controller. But if they supported the Wii Classic Controller, then the WiiU Pro controller will likely work for them.

This is mostly just speculation.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3thatdude227Posted 9/13/2012 12:32:31 PM
Son_of_Mana posted...
I noticed the WII U PRO Controller does not have a wire that needs to be connected to the wii mote (like the classic controller).

So:

Can you use the Wii U pro Controller to play regular wii games? What about Virtual console titles?

Does it or does it not have a wire? What about rechargeable battery?

I want to play Virtual Console and Wii games on the Wii U using the new WII U PRO controller WITHOUT ANY WIRES--- CAN I DO THIS?

this, only i wanna play xenoblade
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto
#4Son_of_Mana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 12:37:37 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
It likely depends on what kind of controllers the games themselves support. If they only support Wii Remotes, then it's not likely to support the Pro controller. But if they supported the Wii Classic Controller, then the WiiU Pro controller will likely work for them.

This is mostly just speculation.

That seems to make sense and that's what I thought. So hopefully any game that supports Classic controller also allows WII U PRO
---
#5Son_of_Mana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 2:29:49 PM
BUMP
---