Your thoughts on the price?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your thoughts on the price?
3 years ago#1
Personally, I think the price is perfect. You have a cheaper model with less memory for the "kids/soccer moms". Then you have the pricier model for only $50 more plus more memory for the "older gamers".

Oh, and if the Wii U is only a max of $350, the NextBox and PS4 will most likely be $400+, which is really pushing it. Lets also assume the power and graphical difference isn't that much, I think I can safely say that Nintendo should have no worries in the next gen, as long as 3rd parties keep supporting them with good games.
Nintendo's E3 2012 presentation was just weird and awkward. 95% of the games at launch look promising though.
3 years ago#2
It's like paying for a current console plus extra for the tablet controller.
3 years ago#3
Good price. Same as modern consoles so they have a market for people just now looking for a system. Also they will sell a ton of consoles because there is no way in hell xbox and sony can price their newest consoles at that price and make a profit.
Playing: LoL, Flight Sim X, Civ 5, NHL 12, Magicka, Fallout series, Skyrim
3 years ago#4
I just bought an anime toy for $450, a video game console for $300 is cheap
My Art Site
3 years ago#5
Feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts because its an HD Wii based around waggle controls again and has its own PS Vita, so it seems like it should be more like $199.
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
3 years ago#6
Price is not to bad I figured the WII U would cost 299.99 for a base model. I just wasn't sure if it would be 349.99 or 399.99 for the better model, because I wasn't sure what all would come with it...

I would have thought with the base model $299 WII U they would have came with 16GB instead of the 8gb being ther other WII U comes with 32gb which is 3 time more than the 8gb, I know they could have gave us 16GB at the same price 299... Because if you think about it you only pay 50 bucks more for the black WII U and you get 3 times the memory plus a game and •Wii U GamePad Cradle, •Wii U GamePad Stand, •Wii U Console Stand...

I wonder if it's best to get the Basic WII U for 299.99 and buy a external hard drive for the memory or a big USB drive because even with the 32GB internal memory that really isn't much. I know just the save files alone take up quite amount of space on my PS3 or 360...
3 years ago#7
A little higher than I predicted but still reasonable.
Now to just get a job.
3 years ago#8
I think its $50 to much
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your thoughts on the price?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived