Any word if Wii U Gamepad would work as Classic Controller from Wii?

#1jaymart_2kPosted 9/14/2012 10:27:31 AM
Like most of the VC games on Wii EShop & some retail supported the Classic controller such as Mario Kart.

Any word if the Wii U Gamepad can be used as it's replacment?

Pretty stupid if didn't.
---
3DS FC: 3265 - 5225 - 6750 (JayMart )
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#2link5003Posted 9/14/2012 10:30:53 AM
I know this isn't that reliable, but I read somewhere yesterday that Wii U Gamepad won't even play VC games. So no Megaman X on the toilet. If that is true, then I doubt that they would put in the effort to do that. Take that info as you will. That being said though, I don't believe it, and Nintendo would be just a bit more then silly to not allow for it unless some wonky hardware restriction states otherwise.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#3jaymart_2k(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 10:32:52 AM
link5003 posted...
I know this isn't that reliable, but I read somewhere yesterday that Wii U Gamepad won't even play VC games. So no Megaman X on the toilet. If that is true, then I doubt that they would put in the effort to do that. Take that info as you will. That being said though, I don't believe it, and Nintendo would be just a bit more then silly to not allow for it unless some wonky hardware restriction states otherwise.

Or they want you to buy the wii mote, plus classic controller cause it's money in there pockets.
---
3DS FC: 3265 - 5225 - 6750 (JayMart )
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#4link5003Posted 9/14/2012 10:45:37 AM
jaymart_2k posted...
link5003 posted...

Or they want you to buy the wii mote, plus classic controller cause it's money in there pockets.

Perhaps, but that typically isn't Nintendo's style. We don't even know if the Classic Controller will be supported anymore, as the Wii U Pro Controller seems to replace that in every sense, unless you like SNES (or with handles) styled controllers that are semi-wireless. And, the Wii U Pro Controller seems to be just the Gamepad - the screen. So I don't see why they would force you to for Classic Games.. If Nintendo really decided to make an aweful decision like that, I'm sure not even Nintendo Fans can defend that.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#5Sol_ClydePosted 9/14/2012 10:48:21 AM
All Wii controllers will be compatible with the Wii U. So I'm pretty sure Wii's Classic Controller will be compatible at least with games from Wii's VC.