This just in, Koopalings no longer Bowser's children.

#81Tribe FanPosted 9/15/2012 9:04:28 AM
They're the love children of Princess Toadstool and the koopa troopa from Super Mario Kart.
---
"Please look up the manual for details."
#82darkjedilinkPosted 9/15/2012 9:09:54 AM
link5003 posted...
You guys are clueless about how things work in the Mario universe, Bowser's never had sex because the stork brings children, see Yoshi's Island.

You're talking to at least some people who think Yoshi's Island isn't canon, because for some moronic reason it isn't a Mario game.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#83Oni_TaedoPosted 9/15/2012 9:21:12 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
Care to explain Cranky Kong, where his battle with Mario happened and where in the Mario world the Donkey Kong Country is?

It's on another planet, somewhere in the Mario galaxy.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#84bigjnycPosted 9/15/2012 6:35:36 PM
fawfulmark2 posted...
KaiserLeo posted...
Folks, this is how you read his currently comment.

They are not and have never been the Koopakids in the Japanese continuity.

He has not ruled out incorperating western continuity to make them his kids.

also, it could be like comic book logic, since the end of Galaxy recreated the universe, they may be different peeps now.

I guess we will call it Crisis of Infinite Kingdoms or Flashpoint. So in the Post Crisis/Flashpoint Kingdom the Koopa Kids are what ever Boom Boom was in Mario 3.
---
You can get me on XBL as bigJnyc
#85PokejedservoPosted 9/16/2012 5:29:47 PM
Maybe what Miyamoto meant by "currently" is that he was just going off of what the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros 3 said about the Koopalings and was never told what NOA said about the Koopalings at the time. I mean sure he is not completely unaware of everything NOA tried to do back then but still.

But in all fairness due to the story-lite structure of the Mario games the idea of the Koopalings being Bowser's kids or just nameless Koopa Troopas with unique designs neither origin story would really contradict their sense of presence in the games.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#86MarblesbunbunPosted 9/17/2012 2:58:29 PM
Pokejedservo posted...
Maybe what Miyamoto meant by "currently" is that he was just going off of what the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros 3 said about the Koopalings and was never told what NOA said about the Koopalings at the time. I mean sure he is not completely unaware of everything NOA tried to do back then but still.

But in all fairness due to the story-lite structure of the Mario games the idea of the Koopalings being Bowser's kids or just nameless Koopa Troopas with unique designs neither origin story would really contradict their sense of presence in the games.

Or currently could be another mistranslation by Amerca, or himself.
It's hard for Japanese to speak english, so he could have misspoke words.

In Japan, the Koopalings were nameless generals at release. We're the ones who gave them lore, names and backstory to give a reason why we fight them.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#87Sir_HaxorPosted 9/17/2012 3:46:06 PM
Doesn't he also consider SMB2USA the real SMB2? Confusing man.
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori Yagami
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#88ironmaidenfan70Posted 9/17/2012 3:47:24 PM
bowser is both mother and father of his children
---
it does what its told.