Which Wii games will not work on the Wii U?

#1BreakerPosted 9/16/2012 3:43:39 PM
Gamestop gave me a print out of the Nintendo Press Conference. And it says the Wii U works with all old Wii Remotes and (almost) all Wii Games. That is exactly how it is worded.

I can also see why Gamestop is telling people that only the Deluxe Edition will have Backwards Compatibility. It does look like it's under the Deluxe Edition section but you can tell it's supposed to be it's own section.
---
This is the way the world ends.
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 9/16/2012 3:44:15 PM
Don't believe them.
#3SullyTheStrangePosted 9/16/2012 3:45:12 PM
Pretty sure Reggie said that at the conference too, it'll work with almost all Wii games. Chances are they'll never tell us which ones don't work, we'll have to find out ourselves.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#4MoegittoPosted 9/16/2012 3:46:34 PM
Probably only 2 games, the dual layered ones. I got the Last Story on standby to test...
---
Samsung Galaxy S3, PC, Xbox 360, PS Vita
G-Tag/PSN: TheTrueMoegitto
#5picanoPosted 9/16/2012 3:48:52 PM(edited)
I can't think of any games that would absolutely not work off hand... the note is most likely just to cover themselves. (Like "kills 99.9% of germs!")

I know GC -> Wii had issues with addons not working --- most notably the Modem/Broadband adapters; I doubt this will be the case for Wii -> Wii U though. PSO wouldn't work at all because of the previous online bit and a date/time menu specific to the gamecube.

Probably only 2 games, the dual layered ones. I got the Last Story on standby to test...

It would be deal breaking for many if Brawl didn't work on their Wii U --- so I doubt this as well.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#6kobalobasileusPosted 9/16/2012 4:20:55 PM
Maybe the only games that won't work are the uDraw tablet games. That wouldn't be so bad.
#7ThePCElitistPosted 9/16/2012 4:22:53 PM
picano posted...
I can't think of any games that would absolutely not work off hand... the note is most likely just to cover themselves. (Like "kills 99.9% of germs!")

I know GC -> Wii had issues with addons not working --- most notably the Modem/Broadband adapters; I doubt this will be the case for Wii -> Wii U though. PSO wouldn't work at all because of the previous online bit and a date/time menu specific to the gamecube.

It would be deal breaking for many if Brawl didn't work on their Wii U --- so I doubt this as well.

Stop the presses! A game from 2008 won't work on a console from 2012! SORRY NINTENDO BUT U LOST A CUSTOMER!111

Wat? How is that a deal breaker in ANY way?
#8Portalofpikmin5Posted 9/16/2012 4:28:58 PM
Moegitto posted...

N....N....N....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! MY PRETTY PRETTY BRAWLLLLL!!!!! ='(
I'VE WANTED TO PLAY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
---
Number of Bowser Jr. fans: 3
#9guedesbrawlPosted 9/16/2012 4:31:26 PM
smash bros,mario kart wii.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10AceMosPosted 9/16/2012 4:33:24 PM
reggei said that as a safety thing

just like the ps2 couldnt play some ps1 games

u can never be to carefull some times small unforsceen things happen
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*