The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Cool MH remake.... how about phantasy star?

#1omniryuPosted 9/16/2012 5:46:54 PM
You think Sega would follow suit? And which Nintendo console PS game you want? 1. Ep 1, 2 or Zero?

Hopefully they would use Nintendo Servers as well.

BTW: I'm referring to this:

nintendoeverything.com/99323/capcom-no-online-for-mh3-ultimate-3ds-wii-u-version-uses-nintendo-servers-tri-server-shutdown-lots-more/
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#2AceMosPosted 9/16/2012 5:49:20 PM
sega allready made phantasy star online 2

its in beta and will be out in america next year for pc and vita and mayeb even wii u
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3Desrtw0lfPosted 9/16/2012 5:50:25 PM
I tried to get into Phantasy Star after loving Monster Hunter, but I never could. A remake of any of the games would help me try again. So I'd love a remake of a Phantasy Star game.

(Also MH3U isn't really a remake. It's more of a definitive game of the 3rd gen. Think of it as a 'Greatest Hits' sort of thing, except where the 'Hits' refer to monsters.)
---
-Desert Wolf
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/16/2012 5:51:15 PM(edited)
You didn't even mention ep3?

Also, Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online aren't really the same series... I came in here thinking that there was some hint of a remake of the classic Phantasy Star series. :( I am disappoint.
It's possible Ep1/2 will be a virtual console offline title, I suppose. But, why not just port PSO2? I mean, it's a much better game, so may as well. And for that matter, if doing PSO classic, why not port Blue Burst on the GameCube engine with a few enhancements and maybe some PSU/PSO2/PSP items?

Remaking PSO Ep1/2 seems rather pointless, at this point.

Edit: If you can't get into PSO, try PSO2. It's more like MH, though they're very different games in practice.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#5MelkacPosted 9/16/2012 5:52:27 PM
...Huh...I thought the title was "Cool HM (Harvest Moon) remake"...

*Cries*
---
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-CFN6RM7/0/L/i-CFN6RM7-X3.jpg
#6omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 5:57:20 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You didn't even mention ep3?

Also, Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online aren't really the same series... I came in here thinking that there was some hint of a remake of the classic Phantasy Star series. :( I am disappoint.
It's possible Ep1/2 will be a virtual console offline title, I suppose. But, why not just port PSO2? I mean, it's a much better game, so may as well. And for that matter, if doing PSO classic, why not port Blue Burst on the GameCube engine with a few enhancements and maybe some PSU/PSO2/PSP items?

Remaking PSO Ep1/2 seems rather pointless, at this point.

Edit: If you can't get into PSO, try PSO2. It's more like MH, though they're very different games in practice.

I started the series with Zero so my knowledge is limited, forgive me. I did however found that psz final boss was the most difficult bossI ever faced. And I have no pc. And all I have now is a Xbox. I don't feel like looking for the non-nintendo phantasy star
---
#7abbeldydooPosted 9/16/2012 6:00:32 PM
They should bring PSO 2 to the Wii U or Make another card game like Episode 3
---
Don't mod me bro!
#8omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 6:01:38 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
They should bring PSO 2 to the Wii U or Make another card game like Episode 3

I can't get into a card game.....
---
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/16/2012 6:06:18 PM
If by Xbox, you mean 360, then you have access to the last remaining online Phantasy Star Universe.
It was kinda lacking though.

Ep1&2 came out for Xbox, as well, and were later ported to PC as Blue Burst, along with a new episode, some tweaks, and a bunch of new items/monsters/ect to go with the new ep. It isn't officially online anymore, but there are lots of privately run servers around.

Really, though, you should get yourself a PC and play some PSO2. It's one of the best online coop dungeon RPGs around. And, honestly, even at LV40(current cap), the LV35~ Snow bans are probably 2000x harder than anything in PSZ. And, then there's the LV40 versions of those, that jump around in trees, and can only be regularly found in a timed quest that pops up from time to time. :p
Quartz Dragon is pretty tough, too, without a party.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcW4IAYyAHA

And this is with many more "cheap" options at your disposal, like Weak Bullet, Just Guard, better controls, Free Combo, ect... These things are tough.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#10Board_hunter567Posted 9/16/2012 6:12:28 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If by Xbox, you mean 360, then you have access to the last remaining online Phantasy Star Universe.

Didn't they shut it down earlier this month?