When the 360 launched back in the day

#1ThePCElitistPosted 9/17/2012 10:58:55 AM
I remember people saying that they couldn't tell a difference between the 360 and original XBox in terms of graphics. Of course they were comparing multi-platform games at the time. It's funny how history always repeats itself.
#2hellbringherPosted 9/17/2012 10:59:56 AM
How many times are you going to make this topic kingslink? Lmao!!!
---
Shoot red barrels and propane tanks to blow up your enemies.
#3PendragoonPosted 9/17/2012 11:00:53 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I remember people saying that they couldn't tell a difference between the 360 and original XBox in terms of graphics. Of course they were comparing multi-platform games at the time. It's funny how history always repeats itself.

I remember those days well. It was really hard to tell when several of those Xbox games were also running in HD right along side the 360 versions.
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
#4LoveLightningPosted 9/17/2012 11:01:50 AM
Only if everyone compared the Conker remake to Kameo then the different wasn't too big
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/lvf38.jpg
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/623/51623/398743.jpeg
#5The_Shadow_LinkPosted 9/17/2012 11:02:27 AM
Specs generally does that. Oftentimes they are running the same engines. It's when the console evolves and more graphic technology becomes available with better graphic engines being made is the difference noticable.

I'm trying to think of a good example here. Compare, say, the Graphics of Metal Gear Solid 2 to those of Metal Gear Solid 3. Or the graphics in the first Assassin's Creed compared to the ones in Assassin's Creed 3.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#6MelkacPosted 9/17/2012 11:02:57 AM
LoveLightning posted...
Only if everyone compared the Conker remake to Kameo then the different wasn't too big

Three words and one number: Call of Duty 2
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#7AkaimizuPosted 9/17/2012 11:06:51 AM(edited)
Actually. Kameo wasn't a good example.

Pretty much every demo of Kameo, leading up to it and beyond, had Kameo in the badlands where the major war between the elves and orcs were going on. Seeing what looks like literally hundreds upon hundreds of individual creatures in pure battle, with seige weapons with them. All in High Def. All moving, and fighting was an impressive feat not accomplished in 3D and with several layers of effects processing at the same time, by any previous console.

Call of Duty 2, as the above poster said, was the immediate Wow factor game for most people, which at launch, was the game that made the previous gen graphics look bad. They did have to wait to see the badlands like Kameo, it wasn't cartoony like it either. The graphics wowed people from the moment you start in the vehicle riding to the warzone.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#8ThePCElitist(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 11:05:15 AM
LoveLightning posted...

The original XBox was quite a powerful machine and output low HD resolutions for the time. Honestly if you had a 360 hooked up to an SDTV a lot of old Multi-Platform games didn't look too dramatically different from one another. There were obvious differences of course but they were not games designed for the 360 hardware to begin with.

The same thing can be said right now about the WiiU. Once games start getting developed from the ground up utilizing the new hardware then we'll see differences in quality.
#9darkjedilinkPosted 9/17/2012 11:08:32 AM
Perfect Dark Zero looking worse than Metroid Prime is the best example.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10ManuKesnaPosted 9/17/2012 11:10:05 AM
when the Wii launched back in the day I couldnt tell the difference between the Wii and the Gamecube in terms of graphics.

I still cant :p
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna