Remember all the haters here on Sept. 12th?

#1overkillwfo1978Posted 9/17/2012 7:14:40 PM
"why would anyone race out and preorder this??, the system is weak, there will be plenty, Nintendo is gonna fail, you'll be able to buy one whereever on launch."

lol.

One week later and pre-orders are pretty much done for across the US. So glad I got my pre-order in on day 1.

Wait til' just before X-mas time. You are going to see some record, crazy scalping going on... I think that the Wii U is going to have one of the most sucessful console launches in the history of gaming. I was going to say I bet it doubles the launch sales of the PS3, but then I remembered that Sony only ended up shipping about 13 consoles to each country.

It's funny to see people hopelessly hate on something that is inevitably going to dominate.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#2silenthill4vidPosted 9/17/2012 7:15:48 PM
not really, no.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#3ThefunyarinpaPosted 9/17/2012 7:16:18 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
"why would anyone race out and preorder this??, the system is weak, there will be plenty, Nintendo is gonna fail, you'll be able to buy one whereever on launch."

lol.

One week later and pre-orders are pretty much done for across the US. So glad I got my pre-order in on day 1.

Wait til' just before X-mas time. You are going to see some record, crazy scalping going on... I think that the Wii U is going to have one of the most sucessful console launches in the history of gaming. I was going to say I bet it doubles the launch sales of the PS3, but then I remembered that Sony only ended up shipping about 13 consoles to each country.

It's funny to see people hopelessly hate on something that is inevitably going to dominate.

S-scalping?
---
*Official Quark of the Zero Escape board!*
--------------3DS FC: 1289-8486-6925--------------
#4knightimexPosted 9/17/2012 7:16:33 PM
All of the trolls pre ordered the wii u.

That's just how Boss Wii U is.
---
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu
#5BeastLeeAdamsPosted 9/17/2012 7:18:04 PM
Didn't the PS3 sell out in hours and this took a couple days? That's not exactly a good thing, especially considered the price is doubled.
#6StickMen1090Posted 9/17/2012 7:22:31 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Didn't the PS3 sell out in hours and this took a couple days? That's not exactly a good thing, especially considered the price is doubled.

the WIi U sold out in Hours in many Retailers

and i believe the PS3 had less to sell then the WIi U..
#7Fr33zPosted 9/17/2012 7:23:41 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

Sony completely controlled PS3's pre-order market by only shipping out 4 or 5 units per store. WiiU is getting around 4 - 10 million units shipped this time around.
#8overkillwfo1978(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 7:25:25 PM(edited)
BeastLeeAdams posted...

Yes. The 7 systems, I kid you not, my GameStop location only recieved 7 PS3s on launch day.

The PS3 launch was one of the most botched lauches ever. They set preorders for 50 systems a store and delivered only 5-15 per store. Did they sell out? Of course they did. If you can't sell 7 systems on launch day, your company is probably doing horrible and billions of dollars down from 6 years ago... oh wait....

The Wii U will ship many, many more units and will still be completely sold out.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#9Non_AdoPosted 9/17/2012 7:26:10 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

400,000 units sold out in a little over an hour in the US with not a lot of people actually carrying it, yes; however, after the launch they sat on shelves for years.

3DS sold out in Japan in minutes, 400,000. It is all a matter of perspective.

With the Wii U, there is no telling how many units they have for launch, and there are far more retailers and ways to order it now. Rumors have it around 8-10 million in total. How many in the United States and other regions, it will be unknown for some time.
#10MelkaticoxPosted 9/17/2012 7:29:29 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

Remember how f***** up the economy is right now?
Remember how it wasn't 6 years ago?

Well, there goes another answer.
---
"Bayonetta, you're a mystery ~"