Tekken Nintendo Costumes

#1wingo84Posted 9/19/2012 7:27:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnaLXrjQYc

The costumes just look hilarious. I'm tempted to get it just cause of that
---
"Men face reality, Women don't... That's why men need to drink"
#2PedroMontanaPosted 9/19/2012 7:42:44 AM
On one hand i think it's nice to have additional contend, on the other hand this remembers me of how third parties are never willing to do anything for Nintendo unless Nintendo completely pampers them.

I mean:

Tekken: Tons of Nintendo IP stuff
Monster Hunter: Nintendo helps with marketing, publishing, hardware bundle
ZombiU: hardware bundle
Ninja Gaiden: Nintendo publishes
Bayonetta: Nintendo publishes, seems to fund development
Fatal Frame: had to buy franchise
---
No More Heroes
#3EastCoastKodyPosted 9/19/2012 7:44:55 AM
i assume its just aesthetic, but how does the guy in the Link costume use a sword?
#4wingo84(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 8:07:24 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
i assume its just aesthetic, but how does the guy in the Link costume use a sword?

No idea... seems to be more than just 'costume' ?? unless whatever character that is already has a sword (not to use like soul calibur but just a special move/aesthetic)

Looks fun... the Mario + Luigi tag was hilarious, Luigi kicks ass!
---
"Men face reality, Women don't... That's why men need to drink"
#5EoinPosted 9/19/2012 8:20:14 AM

In TTT2 characters can have up to two items that have "item moves". These are things like swords and knives and guns and such. Moves are mapped to up (on the d-pad) plus two button presses (if you're familiar with Tekken notation, they're usually on u+1+4 and u+2+3).

The moves themselves are pretty much just there for fun, they're not actually great moves within the game and are mostly too slow to be worthwhile in any kind of close match (just mentioning this since someone always worries about a Tekken character having a gun, thinking that it'd give them an unfair advantage when in reality it's worthless).