Super Metroid HD remake

#31PendragoonPosted 9/19/2012 7:43:15 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Reedeemer posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Enhanced remakes only work if people still care about the franchise.

I think after Other M, you can hang it up. The faith in the brand was sodomized.

lol no, as terribly as OtherM was received by the community- - a Super Metroid remake would sell like hotcakes. That game has plenty of old-school fans that would still acknowledge it today.

Super Metroid bombed back on the SNES, which is why it was absent for a single generation.

I'd like to know what old-school fans you're talking about.

Sold over a million copies in the SNES days somehow equals bombed...
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
#32YoyokuKOPosted 9/19/2012 7:48:05 PM
this topic again
#33Banjo2553Posted 9/19/2012 8:08:28 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
EvilTrash posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

I think after Other M, you can hang it up. The faith in the brand was sodomized.

So one bad game and suddenly nobody likes all the past amazing games from the franchise, and the franchise is a piece of crap and nobody should ever bother to touch it again? Is that how it works?

One bad game really gives the series a nosedive.

Take Sonic for example. Sonic 06 came out and even after the success of Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations (plus the moderate success of Unleashed and positive support of All Stars Racing), most people still don't like it. And that is being said BY a Sonic fan.

Sonic is a bad example. He's had a soured reputation even before '06, it's just that '06 was the final straw for many people. Other M is ONE bad game out of a series that has great games for almost every single release.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#34shadestreetPosted 9/19/2012 8:26:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNl_5QQ9JvY

Just seeing that image and song - how could anyone, ANYONE tell me they wouldnt kill for Super Metroid HD!?!?

I don't care that the game fared poorly in Japan.... this needs to happen
#35linkumsPosted 9/19/2012 8:32:20 PM
I'd rather they made a game like Super Metroid that was original. If Konami can pump out Castlevania games like they do, Nintendo should be pumping out side scrolling Metroids. I love Super Metroid to death, but I'd prefer something new.
---
I don't give a **** if your German shepherd is eating your newborn. That's your personal problem. Start the game or get out of the lobby. - roflapotamus
#36XD375Posted 9/19/2012 8:52:00 PM
Yeah, speaking as a Sonic fan I can safely admit that Sonic's reputation took a nosedive every time a 3D game came out until Colors. And yes, this includes the Adventure games too.
#37DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2012 11:51:41 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Reedeemer posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

lol no, as terribly as OtherM was received by the community- - a Super Metroid remake would sell like hotcakes. That game has plenty of old-school fans that would still acknowledge it today.

Super Metroid bombed back on the SNES, which is why it was absent for a single generation.

I'd like to know what old-school fans you're talking about.

It was absent from the N64 era because the creator of the franchise had recently died, the series had been wrapped up in a tidy little package, and no one felt that it was necessary or polite to revive the series at that time.

Believe it or not, the original Metroid series was a trilogy. Super Metroid wrapped the series up.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#38Flying DutchmanPosted 9/19/2012 11:53:19 PM
I'd rather have a new Prime.
---
I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this!?
#39SimonBelmont666Posted 9/20/2012 12:05:35 AM
Demonik_Penguin posted...
I think it would be amazing if they did an HD version of Super Metroid, just like they did Street Fighter II. Who's with me?

It will never happen. You got a better chance of HD Castlevania 2 : Simon's quest! HAHAH
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/20/2012 12:12:53 AM
That's actually a good idea. As the first open world Castlevania, it aught to be redone as a Metroid style CV.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink