Is it best to grab a Wii U right away or wait for deals around the holidays?

#1DeathStinger356Posted 9/23/2012 10:21:35 AM
Trying to figure out what I want to do since I missed all the preorders. I want the Black Wii U cause of the more memory and I don't like my systems being white anyways since they show dirt far more easily. I'm wondering if it would be best to grab one the day they release or would it be better you think to wait until the holidays? Would the holidays bring any promotions for the system that early you think? Such as "Buy a Wii U, Get a $50 Gift Card" or "Buy a Wii U, Get 1 Game Free"? Cause if so, I may wait, but I'm just not sure how likely those deals are with the short time after the system being released...what do you guys think and ultimately recommend?
#2TheSpiderSense5Posted 9/23/2012 10:31:31 AM
Holidays seem much better, you get the deals and you don't even have to wait very long, as September's nearly finished.

That's my opinion, however.
---
Bosses to tend to need to be destroyed... -Ash-Raichu.
The boss whom everyone wants to kill, all of a sudden. Go figure THAT, Ash.
#3Beatperson14Posted 9/23/2012 10:32:14 AM
Black Friday man
---
MODS=FAQS
#4linkumsPosted 9/23/2012 10:33:00 AM
I doubt there will be many deals as they will sell out without them. If there are deals on black Friday, the lines will be nuts and probably not even worth the trouble.
---
Check out my gaming blog. Or don't. I don't care.
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
#5old_man_mossyPosted 9/23/2012 10:35:05 AM
you dont really have a choice at this point, unless you deal with scalpers...

Try near the holidays and bring a tazer.
---
"I seem to recognize your face, haunting familiar, but cant seem to place it. Can I find a candle of thought to light your name?"
#6MoegittoPosted 9/23/2012 10:35:26 AM
linkums posted...
I doubt there will be many deals as they will sell out without them. If there are deals on black Friday, the lines will be nuts and probably not even worth the trouble.

Or you can go Commando, if all you want is a Wii U just go in there and fight for it. Unless the store is having one of those famous "the last X number of people sitting/standing wins a X console" contests, you'll have to literally fight to get your system. Just get the system and leave, come back for the accessories and games later.
---
Samsung Galaxy S3, PC, Xbox 360, PS Vita
G-Tag/PSN: TheTrueMoegitto
#7DBPanterAPosted 9/23/2012 11:24:52 AM
DeathStinger356 posted...
Trying to figure out what I want to do since I missed all the preorders. I want the Black Wii U cause of the more memory and I don't like my systems being white anyways since they show dirt far more easily. I'm wondering if it would be best to grab one the day they release or would it be better you think to wait until the holidays? Would the holidays bring any promotions for the system that early you think? Such as "Buy a Wii U, Get a $50 Gift Card" or "Buy a Wii U, Get 1 Game Free"? Cause if so, I may wait, but I'm just not sure how likely those deals are with the short time after the system being released...what do you guys think and ultimately recommend?

The software is one thing, it's getting the hardware. Software will not run out, but without hardware, you can't play software.

The fact Nintendo is packing a game in with the black, and a brand new home console after 6 years, I personally do not feel you will see many of the deals you state. Retailers will not need to reward shoppers with incentive to buy the console. It will be sold out. What retailers will do is advertize in their Sunday circulars that they have Wii U's. They want people in the store at open. They can guarantee to have a Wii U by not selling them during the week, leaving them in the back.

You didn't pre-order. You will be able to get one day 1 and during the holiday season. However, no number is consoles is known, you don't know where they will be in your area, and how supply/demand will work.

Best advice: Get in line on Nov. 17 at a Walmart/Target, bring a book and caffeine, and get it day 1. After day 1, it very well could be hunting for the console for a month, which is not something you want to do.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minnesota
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#8Arcanine2009Posted 9/23/2012 11:29:12 AM
GL with getting at black friday. You're gonna have to wait for hours.. >_>
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#9IanNottinghamXPosted 9/23/2012 11:36:30 AM
preorder one now or forever hold your peace...there wont be any after black friday...Gamestop sold out of the black preorders a week ago....
---
Bd:AS FC 2407-8656-4589
#10Jaime_BennPosted 9/23/2012 11:43:28 AM(edited)
I kind of wonder how companies will print out their ads to advertise the Wii U. I heard if they do advertise something in their ad, they have to have some in stock. So, the console is coming out on the 18th, but Black Friday will be the 23rd. Stores gonna hold some back for it?

I know some stores put in very small print that they will have at least 5 per store if it is one of the big black friday deals.
---
Hey, I've just met you!