If Nintendo keeps updating the VC on Wii U, do you think they'll work on Wii 1?

#1GradyHooverPosted 9/25/2012 10:53:07 AM
Granted, games have slowed to a bare trickle the past couple of years, but sometimes we still get something cool, like the recent release of Double Dragon II.

So do you think Nintendo will somehow lock future "Virtual Console" releases to only work on the Wii U, or will they still be compatible with the original Wii? A pressing question, I feel...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2blunderminePosted 9/25/2012 10:58:43 AM
The only reason I could imagine them doing this was if there was a 2 disk gamecube game or something like that which wouldn't fit on a Wii without expanded memory.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#3Virus66Posted 9/25/2012 11:02:15 AM
I see them only releasing the incredibly rare VC games that for one reason or another havent come out yet. However, I'm praying we get some GCN VC games. I want to play some of the games I miss (Chibi Robo/Custom Robo) or ones I never got to play (Cubivore)
#4guedesbrawlPosted 9/25/2012 11:36:20 AM
there's no point in updating vc that isn't 64 in the wii.
homebrew beats it.hard.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#5shlaguedweirPosted 9/25/2012 12:26:43 PM
Don't hold your breath for GC games on WiiU VC... the controllers lack the analogue triggers needed to play them.
#6KayubePosted 9/25/2012 12:53:52 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
homebrew beats it.hard.

Homebrew isn't official, therefore it doesn't exist as far as Nintendo's releases are concerned.

I'm guessing that they will continue to put games on both the Wii and Wii U shops for a while, similar to how DSiWare has continued to be added to both the DSi and 3DS. This might be part of the reason that the VC games don't include the option to play on the GamePad screen, to make the porting easier.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#7OzzieArcanePosted 9/25/2012 2:23:24 PM
I'd imagine if they added new "systems" to the virtual console those would only be playable on the Wii U, but if they add games to any of the existing ones I don't see why they would do that unless they just wanted to deny themselves sales.

Personally I'm still hoping for Dragon Warrior 1-3 because Square didn't bring the anniversary collection over here.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#8guedesbrawlPosted 9/26/2012 1:30:18 PM
Kayube posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
homebrew beats it.hard.

Homebrew isn't official, therefore it doesn't exist as far as Nintendo's releases are concerned.

who cares if it isn't official?please...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6