The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Final Fantasy on Wii U should be like this...

#1gilgamesh21Posted 9/26/2012 2:14:29 AM
Go back to the ideas of the first few games, and then add some new good stuff.

1.Completely customizable nameless heroes. gender, body, looks, clothes, weapons. Plus using the stylus/gamepad you make custom designs/patterns.

2.An easy to understand and implement, but satisfyingly deep customizable job system.New gameplay skills unlock as you progress through the job. Example, the ability to wall run etc..

3.Huge world to explore. Realtime transportation control (chocobo/airship/canoe/APC)

4. 2player splitscreen co-op(tv/gamepad co-op, 2 Gamepad co-op), 2-4player offline LAN co-op, 2-4player online co-op.

5. As little Sci-Fi as possible (I know I did mention an APC for transport.).

6.Minimal story, no prerendered cutscenes, no hours of text walls.

7.Real-time battles, with grapples/throws/assassinations/knock-outs.Rolls and dodges/evades.

8. Lots of exploration and discovery. Side quests without being labeled "this is a sidequest".

9. first-person look ability, ability to run, and crouch, and jump, ability to climb.Ability to carry, throw, hold hands, and swim.

10. tent/cabin/house "save" items are real and stay put once you set them up. Find items along the way to create recipes you can cook at "save" item camps, that heal, boost stats, etc. All for the player to combine and experiment with.

11. Day/Night system, weather system. Stars, moon with phases, comets, clouds.

12. Musical instrument/singing voice system, be a Bard and create your own songs.Perform before NPCs, post your songs online for others to enjoy.

13. Gain a skill in a certain job to customize every villager in your "home" town/castle.

14. Summon creatures aren't part of the story, but are a "gotta find them all" type of thing. Buy one at a shop on a rare occaision, find one at the end of a dark cave and fight it to master it etc..

15. A telescope!
#2HvisLysetTarOssPosted 9/26/2012 2:18:07 AM
It should just be Dark Souls because it blows all other JRPGs(other than Demon's Souls which I have not played) out of the water and it's actually a little embarrassing how much better it is
---
How could what is perish? How could it have come to be? For if it came into being, it is not; nor is it if ever it is going to be.
#3HvisLysetTarOssPosted 9/26/2012 2:19:12 AM
Dark Souls has like 75% of this actually
---
How could what is perish? How could it have come to be? For if it came into being, it is not; nor is it if ever it is going to be.
#4Chocobo115Posted 9/26/2012 2:20:36 AM
Apart from point 5) It sounds reaIlly horrible to me.
#5HvisLysetTarOssPosted 9/26/2012 2:23:17 AM
Final Fantasy blows anyway, it went from being a lame Ultima 3 clone to being just plain lame and maybe people should pay attention to other, cooler JRPG series
---
#6andrea987Posted 9/26/2012 2:25:29 AM
I'd love that! And not just as a FF game, but as any RPG.
#7Kage_AM2Posted 9/26/2012 2:51:31 AM(edited)
So basically you don't want final fantasy but you want them to use the final fantasy name anyway. This sounds more like Zelda than Final Fantasy.
#8SSJMarioPosted 9/26/2012 3:13:07 AM
Speaking of Dark Souls, I need to pick that up. Apparently, the price is now $20 at Best Buy and Gamestop.
---
PSN=bowserkick
#9dragonknight91Posted 9/26/2012 3:28:03 AM
That doesn't look like a FF, that looks like the perfect game for you.
#10ThatPersonGuyPosted 9/26/2012 3:33:10 AM
.... some are good, some are bad.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.