Will the Wii U have a video/movie player to watch files from your USB stick?

#11sting__artPosted 9/27/2012 5:05:44 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
^ that excuse is so stupid and makes me rage.
Gamefaqs users like you are just ignorant.

I don't want a clock on my wii u cuz I have a clock in my house or a wristwatch or a cellphone with a clock so why does my GAMING console need one too?

>_____>

Because i want to know how long i played on a single file. Priority's my raging friend. Getting hit on a sensitive nerve is a sign of weakness.
---
PC | GB | GBA | DS | PS1 | PS2 | N64 | GCN | Wii
#12AwesomeOSaucePosted 9/27/2012 5:16:01 AM
Well if Nintendo wants to compete with ps3/360 and the ps4/720 which act like MULTIMEDIA CENTERS then the Wii U is going to have to cater to those preferences.

They already announced TVii thing and they really need to make sure the Wii U has the ability to play video files from a usb.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#13blunderminePosted 9/27/2012 5:28:37 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
sting__art posted...
My television has this build in, i don't need a console do what my TV already can.

Cool, you are the 1%

Actually I think it just means you bought a tv in the last 5 years.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#14sonicboom510Posted 9/27/2012 7:31:21 AM
I wonder if the Wii U will be able to pick up media servers in the same network it's connected to. The PS3 has an option to look for media servers (pc for example) on a wired/wireless network and play high quality mkv/video files from your pc onto the PS3.
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/690pc5.gif
http://h12.abload.de/img/0412_mmump.gif
#15sting__artPosted 9/27/2012 8:47:34 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Well if Nintendo wants to compete with ps3/360 and the ps4/720 which act like MULTIMEDIA CENTERS then the Wii U is going to have to cater to those preferences.

They already announced TVii thing and they really need to make sure the Wii U has the ability to play video files from a usb.

No they don't have to market he Wii U a multimedia center. You'll see they throw around a few gimmicky programs like the TVii (It might be a succes, but don't count on it.) It will be nothing as fancy as the competitors come up with.

The Wii shows this, it has outsold the PS3 & Xbox360 but it never really touched on the multimedia.
---
#16abort_missionPosted 9/27/2012 9:07:42 AM
sting__art posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
sting__art posted...
My television has this build in, i don't need a console do what my TV already can.

hurrr durrr hurrr

some of us don't have a tv with a usb port or a bluray player and yes we can use our computer BUT I like to have my consoles function as a multimedia center too and let me watch movies,music and stuff from the comfort of my room without having to use my pc or buy another tv or bluray player device.

I'm not that person, so i don't care. I'd like to say that there are people out there that don't even get to eat everyday. If you all cared the world would be a better place for them.

so you justify you not caring that others dont have TVs as good as yours by saying you care about less fortunate people. seriously WTF?!
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#17sting__artPosted 9/27/2012 10:02:02 AM
abort_mission posted...
sting__art posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
sting__art posted...

hurrr durrr hurrr

some of us don't have a tv with a usb port or a bluray player and yes we can use our computer BUT I like to have my consoles function as a multimedia center too and let me watch movies,music and stuff from the comfort of my room without having to use my pc or buy another tv or bluray player device.

I'm not that person, so i don't care. I'd like to say that there are people out there that don't even get to eat everyday. If you all cared the world would be a better place for them.

so you justify you not caring that others dont have TVs as good as yours by saying you care about less fortunate people. seriously WTF?!

How do you justify all of us, yes you and me and the entire western world, not giving enough to the less fortunate. The way i see it is that

We simply don't care. If we cared enough then we wouldn't be playing video games, we would be helping others. If we did they would've had a much better life. But no, we play video games and i am supposed to care about people like that? I'm supposed to care about wether or not you can have your little extra function while others are starving?

You can talk your way around it and you can think its all wrong but at the end of the day we are fortunate to have lifes others died for. Others died for our luxeries. I couldn't care less about about people like us that are selfish to the bone. Only giving what we want to give but never giving enough where it matters.
---
#18abort_missionPosted 9/27/2012 10:09:28 AM
sting__art posted...
abort_mission posted...
sting__art posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
sting__art posted...

hurrr durrr hurrr

How do you justify all of us, yes you and me and the entire western world, not giving enough to the less fortunate. The way i see it is that

We simply don't care. If we cared enough then we wouldn't be playing video games, we would be helping others. If we did they would've had a much better life. But no, we play video games and i am supposed to care about people like that? I'm supposed to care about wether or not you can have your little extra function while others are starving?

You can talk your way around it and you can think its all wrong but at the end of the day we are fortunate to have lifes others died for. Others died for our luxeries. I couldn't care less about about people like us that are selfish to the bone. Only giving what we want to give but never giving enough where it matters.

you dont get it. people with crappier tvs are less fortunate than you. they are just more fortunate than someone who is starving. if you truly care about the less fortunate you care about everyone who has less than you (its sort of the definition of less fortunate). also having a luxury item doesnt mean you are fortunate. there are lots of different situations were one can be unfortunate and still possess at least a few luxury items.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#19sting__artPosted 9/27/2012 10:19:51 AM(edited)
abort_mission posted...
you dont get it. people with crappier tvs are less fortunate than you. they are just more fortunate than someone who is starving. if you truly care about the less fortunate you care about everyone who has less than you (its sort of the definition of less fortunate). also having a luxury item doesnt mean you are fortunate. there are lots of different situations were one can be unfortunate and still possess at least a few luxury items.

People with crappier TV's are less fortunate than me? Nonsense. Maybe those people have at least a car or even a bicycle. I don't have either of those. Or maybe they are just saving money or have a better computer or have whatever.

You base me being more fortunate than others just on having a Television i bought for 299 Euro's because somebody wanted to get rid of it? Its the only TV we got in this house. Maybe others have 2-3 TV's and they don't have to share. When people work for something i do not consider them to be more fortunate. When people have at least a good chance at making something out of their lifes. Thats when i consider somebody to be more fotunate.

If you are typing this from your own home, or even better, your parents home and have acces to a nice education then you are as fortunate as anybody else. Your circumstances are not to blame, your time spend on luxeries instead of productivity's are to blame.

Me being more fortunate than because of a television i own, hahaha nice logic mate.
---
#20AwesomeOSaucePosted 9/27/2012 11:53:00 AM
why don't fanboys want nice things?
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^