Digital distribution SUCKS! Amirite?

#31PendragoonPosted 10/2/2012 3:34:17 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
I rarely buy ebooks because I want to actually own them and do whatever I'd like with them, I'm certainly not going to start dropping $50+ on games I don't actually own.

Here we go with this argument again. You're buying it. You can use it. It's yours. You own it. Why is that so hard to understand? Nintendo's not just going to take their games whenever they're in a bad mood; what you buy is yours to keep. The only difference is that you can't sell it.

Steam and Amazon do that, both can ban your account and lock you out of your purchases

Let's not even get into the lovely usage caps that cable/internet companies are putting into place.

Look up Google Fiber and say that again. 1000 Mb/s internet along with other things for $70/month. You'd have to be a complete idiot to say that's bad.

Until that kind of internet is common place, a lot of people have to put up with slow speeds and data caps. I am stuck with 6mbps and a 150gb monthly cap because that is my best option.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#32MegagunstarmanPosted 10/2/2012 3:42:31 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
I rarely buy ebooks because I want to actually own them and do whatever I'd like with them, I'm certainly not going to start dropping $50+ on games I don't actually own.

Here we go with this argument again. You're buying it. You can use it. It's yours. You own it. Why is that so hard to understand? Nintendo's not just going to take their games whenever they're in a bad mood; what you buy is yours to keep. The only difference is that you can't sell it.

Steam and Amazon do that, both can ban your account and lock you out of your purchases

Let's not even get into the lovely usage caps that cable/internet companies are putting into place.

Look up Google Fiber and say that again. 1000 Mb/s internet along with other things for $70/month. You'd have to be a complete idiot to say that's bad.

Until that kind of internet is common place, a lot of people have to put up with slow speeds and data caps. I am stuck with 6mbps and a 150gb monthly cap because that is my best option.

Google Fiber (and others like it) will be common place next gen.

Who is your ISP? They sound awful.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#33PendragoonPosted 10/2/2012 3:47:05 PM
At&t DSL, and yes, they suck.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#34Dante200XPosted 10/2/2012 3:55:52 PM
Hm fair enough, but PC gaming has always been different to console gaming with things like that. Must it invade home-consoles?

If done correctly, absolutely yes. Unfortunately nobody on the console market seems to get it...
---
"You can't quickscope people with Jarate equipped" - BakedStuffEtc
#35Shinobi120Posted 10/2/2012 4:10:02 PM(edited)
AwayFromHere posted...
Nope. I for one welcome 100% digital.

Video games are not cheap to make, and they are sold at stupidly low prices in comparison. If developers don't make money on their games, they stop making games.

Then you don't mind enjoying higher prices of games that will rarely be lowered, with more restrictions, & having to deal with bandwidth caps, etc.? I don't.
#36erwin_geekrockPosted 10/2/2012 4:05:22 PM
I prefer digital because I'm not a hoarder.
---
God Tier Games: Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy IX, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Kingdom Hearts (1), SMT Persona 4, Grand Theft Auto IV
#37S_FoxPosted 10/2/2012 4:09:26 PM
Nope. I for one welcome 100% digital.

Video games are not cheap to make, and they are sold at stupidly low prices in comparison. If developers don't make money on their games, they stop making games.

If developers didn't spend ridiculous amounts of money on development, actually attempt to make a good game and don't screw people over with crappy DLC then they wouldn't be in these bad situations to begin with
---
Nothing to see here
#381shadetail1Posted 10/2/2012 4:10:01 PM
Having the option to download is nice. But it needs to actually be *an option*. That way, those of us who don't like digital downloads still have the choice of getting a hard copy.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#39egglinkPosted 10/2/2012 4:14:14 PM
I like digital distribution, but I like to keep my options open.
---
Steam: Poeish
#40DTY3Posted 10/2/2012 4:14:56 PM
Just keep it as it is. As in option.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
LP's and more. Boktai Trilogy coming soooooon~!