Digital distribution SUCKS! Amirite?

#41StephenYap3Posted 10/2/2012 3:23:54 PM
In the 3DS' case (and for now...), agreed.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#42hambaconeggPosted 10/2/2012 3:24:07 PM
Soon, these digital-only proponents will say people with no decent internet connection shouldn't/have no right to own electronic gadgets like smartphones, pc and consoles. Pfft.

-posted from a 5kbps internet connection (GPRS)
#43Chris386333Posted 10/2/2012 3:32:01 PM
Honestly you guys really don't have a choice. It will happen with or without you. Not tomorrow, not in a year, but it will happen.
#44kwando1313Posted 10/2/2012 4:02:07 PM
I like part digital, part non-digital. Small indie games, I prefer digital. Big games made by big publishers, I prefer physical.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#45PaperDolphinPosted 10/2/2012 4:12:10 PM
It sucks more than I can handle. The 3DS is already driving me crazy promoting it
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#46jakestar0306Posted 10/2/2012 4:12:31 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
Here we go with this argument again. You're buying it. You can use it. It's yours. You own it. Why is that so hard to understand? Nintendo's not just going to take their games whenever they're in a bad mood; what you buy is yours to keep. The only difference is that you can't sell it.

Steam and Amazon do that, both can ban your account and lock you out of your purchases

Maybe if you're hacking or finding ways to perform other illegal activities. Just follow the rules and try not to do every possible illegal act and you'll be fine.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#47ZimbabweBobPosted 10/2/2012 4:14:58 PM
DD as an option? cool. DD-only? worst idea since Spice World.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
MW3 FC:0697-5894-6879 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#48Wario_manPosted 10/2/2012 4:25:02 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I'm a PC gamer, so no.

Hm fair enough, but PC gaming has always been different to console gaming with things like that. Must it invade home-consoles?

Yes. If consoles can get a DD service as good or better than Steam and a better storage capacity then I'm all for it. It is better for the environment, it saves developers and consumers money (when in the right hands) and it is faster all around. People only seem to want to cling to their boxed games for some misplaced sense of vanity or nostalgia or to try to fool themselves into thinking there was a point to all the spending and saving. It isn't like with blu-ray where the streaming alternative is NOWHERE near as good as the disc based one, it is the exact same game.
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#49CrazyFool319Posted 10/2/2012 4:26:28 PM
That article is ridiculous. Complaining because preowned games are going bye bye? Thats a good thing. Even if you and i dont see cheaper games, you will see more games being sold. Which tends to mean the game devs and publishers make more money. You know what that means? More games by the developer and the publisher.

Imagine if 38 Studios made more money on Kingdoms of Amalur. That studio wouldnt have folded and it would likely still be making games. Now extrapolate that over all the companies that have folded in the past 10 years since gamestop started pushing preowned games over the new copies.
---
SEAHAWKS
#50BokuxPicoPosted 10/2/2012 4:29:21 PM
It's good for indie games and old ports, but I'd prefer to have real copies for everything else.