Digital distribution SUCKS! Amirite?

#51The_Mighty_KELPPosted 10/2/2012 5:30:32 PM
No. No, you're not right at all.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#52DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/2/2012 5:34:08 PM
Silly console peasants, living in the dirt still in 2012.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#53abigexplosionPosted 10/2/2012 5:37:14 PM
There's a few spots where I'd be happy with a digital game. Old ports or small games, I'm perfectly fine with. Maybe a game that the physical copy is out of print, and hard to find used, I'd be ok with digital. But new games that I want, I'd go for the physical copy.

The critical thing to me though, it must be playable offline. I should be able to disconnect the system from the internet, and be able to freely play the game all I want.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#54lt519Posted 10/2/2012 5:38:58 PM
I like digital games, saves me a trip to the store. Also if I am paying the same price regardless, I'd rather have more go to the developer.

Imagine if the Kingdom of Alamar dev could of made twice the profit because they didn't have to go through retailers? They'd still be afloat and we'd get more good games from them. (granted I'm sure all the console developers charge a premium for being listed on their DD service, but that could change).

On the downside, you can't sell them, and they are restricted to one platform (no forwards compatibility?). Money is less of a concern to me, so I'm giving DD the win here.
#55Board_hunter567Posted 10/2/2012 5:49:05 PM
Both digital and retail have their pros and cons.
But for the most part, digital is the way to go. The main problem most people have with digital is consumer rights, although IMO it's really not as big a deal as some make it out to be.
#56ZenarkenstinPosted 10/2/2012 5:54:07 PM
I can buy a year's worth of new games without even leaving my bed. I can play all of my games without having to fumble around for discs and cleaning scratches. I can have all of my save games transfer to a new PC when I upgrade. Digital distribution rocks. Only thing that I don't like about it is the general inability to play a majority of my games without having a stable internet connection.
#57phineasfoolPosted 10/2/2012 5:56:37 PM
I like digital games. I love having all my games on the hard drive able to be loaded up with the push of a button.
---
"Take a dump on the face of common sense"
PSN - Phineasfool GT- Phineasfool
#58Sol_ClydePosted 10/2/2012 6:01:58 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Nope. I for one welcome 100% digital.

Video games are not cheap to make, and they are sold at stupidly low prices in comparison. If developers don't make money on their games, they stop making games.

The developers themselves get paid salaries that have no relation to the sales.
#59ChargrilledPosted 10/2/2012 6:10:44 PM
I'm not with you TC. I love this digital age we are heading to...

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#60strongo9Posted 10/2/2012 6:21:52 PM
PC digital distribution? Awesome.

Console and handheld digital distribution? Not so awesome.
---
Want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m