Clearing up the DLC 10% thing.

#31Newnie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:25:49 AM
Sorry I didn't get to answer some questions last night guys, I passed out. Anywho, yes its been confirmed to be 10%. Those other guys that posted are right on the money.
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
#32meiyukiPosted 10/3/2012 10:44:11 AM
The reason people were saying 10% off was because it was just easier to say that than to explain the whole program. I think most people understood the 10% would go to a future purchase, but whether it gets applied to the current purchase or a future one, mathematically it's the same unless you don't use it. That's why people said deluxe is 10% off digital purchases.
#33lionheart5656Posted 10/3/2012 10:56:01 AM
Newnie posted...
YoyokuKO posted...
but it didn't say 10% off for downloadable content.
just that points could be used for it

Yeah that's kind of the point that I'm making... People are assuming you get 10% off DLC. That's a bad rumor.

EDIT: I'm trying to save a future *** storm that may happen when everyone gets their Wii U and become highly disappointed.

Let the **** storm happen.

Sometimes that ends up changing it to what everyone thought it was going to be anyway which is a better deal frankly.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#34Rasputin77Posted 10/3/2012 1:01:23 PM
CloudStrife630 posted...
I've owned you like 4 times already within the span of an hour.

**Throws up in mouth a little...**
---
"Let's spend way more time talking about the 'trolls' than they spend posting." - GameFAQs logic
#35pokemega32Posted 10/3/2012 4:57:12 PM
meiyuki posted...
The reason people were saying 10% off was because it was just easier to say that than to explain the whole program. I think most people understood the 10% would go to a future purchase, but whether it gets applied to the current purchase or a future one, mathematically it's the same unless you don't use it. That's why people said deluxe is 10% off digital purchases.

...no, those really aren't the same.

10% off of all downloads with no strings attached =/= 10% off of a download after I buy something of equal cost for full price.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#36SkyCrackersPosted 10/4/2012 3:26:44 PM(edited)
Newnie posted...
No your not getting 10% off all your DLC.

What you are getting is 10% back of the price of any DLC you purchased, as POINTS, for 2 years.

Wait, there's a difference? 10% points back is literally the exact same thing as a 10% discount in points(and it was obvious from the beginning that it would be a points discount. Seriously, what did people expect? A check in the mail?).
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#37meiyukiPosted 10/4/2012 2:36:52 PM
pokemega32 posted...
meiyuki posted...

10% off of all downloads with no strings attached =/= 10% off of a download after I buy something of equal cost for full price.

Unless you're planning on only ever downloading 1 thing then yes it's the same thing. You're getting 10% back on the purchase price of whatever you bought in store credit.
#38lionheart5656Posted 10/4/2012 2:57:25 PM
meiyuki posted...
pokemega32 posted...
meiyuki posted...

Unless you're planning on only ever downloading 1 thing then yes it's the same thing. You're getting 10% back on the purchase price of whatever you bought in store credit.

lol no it's not silly business noob.

At the end of the day, you will run out of things to buy and that 10% will do nothing for your last purchase whereas if it was merely 10% off, it would benefit you forever. It is also used as bait to get you to buy more to make use of those points whereas simply 10% off is a thank you straight and forward.

You are clearly not management material.

You're fired.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#39pokemega32Posted 10/4/2012 6:25:22 PM
meiyuki posted...

Newsflash: eShop credit can not be used to buy anything but eShop products.

Actually keeping that 10% to myself to do whatever I like with it =/= having that 10% put into store credit.

The discount only exists if I continue to buy more eShop products indefinitely, otherwise I haven't actually saved $10 on each product.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#40meiyukiPosted 10/4/2012 6:35:37 PM
Obviously it's designed to keep you buying in the eshop, but that doesn't change the value you receive. I just love how much people are raging over pennies. Oh no after I've spent hundreds of dollars on the eshop over 2 years i might have a few dollars that didn't get converted to a discount. This is pathetic.