4K just may be the next gen standard, Sony shows Gran Turismo 4K tech demo

#1Dark World RulerPosted 10/3/2012 11:04:20 AM
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-shown-running-at-4k-resolution/

Does this mean that the Wii U could get 4K in the future? Maybe.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2Tempest717Posted 10/3/2012 11:06:18 AM
Have fun looking for an affordable 4K TV.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/3/2012 11:06:41 AM
This topic will surely consist of:

Sony doooomed, 4k sucks, 4k will cost sooo much money (even though I have no idea how much it costs to implement it), Mario Kart is better than GT, Gameplay>Graphics, Nintendo is the only company that innovates, Miyamoto is god.

Did I get it all?
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#49inchesDeepPosted 10/3/2012 11:07:35 AM
Why bother? GT5 was ugly and jaggy. Especially the environments.

Forza games look like a hot supermodel compared to that trash.
#5quickposterPosted 10/3/2012 11:08:40 AM
Firstly = Gran Turismo 5 was factually a let down
Secondly = Sony are really trying to make themselves drop out if they go through with this.
I guess they don't want to manufacture hardware after PS4.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#6Virus66Posted 10/3/2012 11:08:43 AM
Don't Sony's own 4k tvs run for about 25K? They shouldn't be bothering with 4K for games until the price is affordable for consumers
#7jmichaelbpPosted 10/3/2012 11:12:08 AM(edited)
How well does it run?

Didn't GT5 run at 1280x1080?

It's probably being upscaled to a 4K resolution, there is no way it can be natively at a 4K res, if the game wasn't 1080p to begin with.

---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - John Donne and used by Chuck from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#8LinetrixPosted 10/3/2012 11:11:10 AM(edited)
Virus66 posted...
Don't Sony's own 4k tvs run for about 25K? They shouldn't be bothering with 4K for games until the price is affordable for consumers

Hello Nintendo. Tell me again what that mentality did to the Wii. Oh, right. It became a ghost console with no games. Thank you for not playing.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#9quickposterPosted 10/3/2012 11:12:35 AM
Linetrix posted...
Hello Nintendo. Tell me again what that mentality did to the Wii. Oh, right. It became a ghost console with no games. Thank you for not playing.

You pass your opinion off as fact then so will I. Wii had the best games of this generation. Why are Sony resorting to plagiarizing Smash Bros if their games are so bad?
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#10LinetrixPosted 10/3/2012 11:14:45 AM
quickposter posted...
*whining*

Funny. I didn't post any opinion. Maybe you think opinions are facts and facts are opinions. Ask mommy to explain to you the correct meaning of each one.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation