Poll: Would you pay extra for GC backwards compatibility?

#41Sol_ClydePosted 10/4/2012 6:43:14 PM
No.

The Gamecube controller is good, but Dual Shock, Classic Pro, Xbox360's and the new Wii U Classic Pro are better.

As for games it's almost certain Wii U will have GC games on its virtual console selection.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#42SolisPosted 10/4/2012 9:18:35 PM
I'd pay a reasonable amount extra to add Gamecube ports and disc compatibility on the Wii U, maybe around $10 or so (which is probably still more than the actual manufacturing costs of adding it would be). I wouldn't pay something exorbitant like $50 though. Since neither the Gamecube nor Wii support HDMI output, I'm not able to play them on my normal display, and many Wii games utilize Gamecube controllers so they're essentially required for full functionality out of Wii games anyway.

Honestly though, it seems pretty half-assed to support Wii games but not Gamecube games. I don't see the point in paying $30+ extra for hardware capable of running both Gamecube and Wii games and then only being able to play the latter on it. Let us have both or neither.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#43fwiotg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:35:20 PM
Solis posted...
Honestly though, it seems pretty half-assed to support Wii games but not Gamecube games. I don't see the point in paying $30+ extra for hardware capable of running both Gamecube and Wii games and then only being able to play the latter on it. Let us have both or neither.

Even though it's the same hardware to read the disks, the GC requires EXTRA stuff. They're saving money off of leaving out the four controller ports, the two memory card readers, along with the disk sensor and all the cables that make them intertwined. On top of that, that's less time the Wii's have to stay in the production line, because there's less stuff to put together.
#44Jinzo 111887Posted 10/4/2012 10:00:23 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
No.

The Gamecube controller is good, but Dual Shock, Classic Pro, Xbox360's and the new Wii U Classic Pro are better.

As for games it's almost certain Wii U will have GC games on its virtual console selection.

It's not which is better, it's about compatibility. I like CC and got an adapter so my PC can use it. Thing is, CC doesn't work for every Wii game that supports Gamecube controllers. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity will be my example.

As the the GCVC games. Yeah, it might be added... But how many will there be? The lack of N64 games (about 20 last time I checked) on Wii shop channel and limited selection of PS2 classics on PSN seem like a bad sign to me.
---
I miss the Golden Age of gaming that died in the last few years. Yeah, we got better graphics, but it's not worth recent changes if you ask me.