one legit complaint. Nintendo's relationship with west dev

#11cvmckenziePosted 10/4/2012 8:25:48 PM
They have just about everything i care about. Tho i agree with you about gta as far as across the board notoriety, id prefer a saints row even tho thq has done nothing but suck lately.

Outside of splintercell, which seems dead now, anyway, i dont see anything we're really missing that we wont get eventually
---
---
#12RetroFanGirlPosted 10/4/2012 8:44:42 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

Western developers have for the most part lost touch with reality. They think graphics means everything and naked girls and blood is what makes a game good. That's why hundreds of them closed up shop and hundreds more are on life support.

Maybe a couple here and there but no.

Is that also why they have had most of the critically acclaimed and best selling games year in and year out for the last 7+ years?

Pretty easy when you cater to the dudebro populace.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY
#13ZvolTxPosted 10/4/2012 8:53:37 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

Western developers have for the most part lost touch with reality. They think graphics means everything and naked girls and blood is what makes a game good. That's why hundreds of them closed up shop and hundreds more are on life support.

Is that also why they have had most of the critically acclaimed and best selling games year in and year out for the last 7+ years?

Pretty easy when you cater to the dudebro populace.

By "dudebro" do you mean non socially-inept losers?
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#14lonlonmilkloverPosted 10/4/2012 8:57:07 PM
Nintendo doesn't need to do a single thing, because they will still develop Mario games, Zelda games, Donkey Kong games, Kirby games, Metroid Games, Star Fox games, Pokémon games, Smash Brothers games, Pikmin games...

... and that my friends, is all they need to sell millions of consoles.

If the Wii U had zero 3rd party support, I'd still purchase it, as exclusives are the only reason I and millions of people purchase any console. That goes for Sony and Microsoft as well.
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#15lionheart5656Posted 10/4/2012 9:00:28 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

http://i.imgur.com/SLQJc.gif
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#16ORANGE666Posted 10/4/2012 9:36:26 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

http://i.imgur.com/SLQJc.gif

To be fair, IGN gave Pokemon Black and White 2 a 9.6/10

Pretty obvious that just about every company throws money around
#17PendragoonPosted 10/4/2012 9:41:15 PM
My rule of thumb with reviews, if I see an Ad for the game anywhere on the site or in the Magazine, it is probably biased in some way.

One good example. Gamestop and Gameinformer Xenoblade review vs The Last Story review.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#18Shinobi120Posted 10/4/2012 11:27:23 PM(edited)
You mean, the same western developers in which most of them ignored the Wii in favor of the PS3 & 360?

Why should they?

ZvoLtx posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

I don't think that you're getting of what lionheart's telling you.
#19Emperor_mateusPosted 10/4/2012 11:50:49 PM(edited)
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

I'm not entirely agreeing with you. The west may think that gore and boobs sell, but they're not nearly on the level of team ninja and their Ninja gaiden series. Not only that, but its usually Japan who pulls the fanservice card. Most tripple A western title's are quite lacking in the female department.
And both sides have the good graphics fetish.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#20P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 10/4/2012 11:59:59 PM
Emperor_mateus posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Disagree.

I'm not entirely agreeing with you. The west may think that gore and boobs sell, but they're not nearly on the level of team ninja and their Ninja gaiden series. Not only that, but its usually Japan who pulls the fanservice card. Most tripple A western title's are quite lacking in the female department.
And both sides have the good graphics fetish.

Western is about violence, language and manliness. Japan has a tendency to avoid violence more so, however, allowing more in the "fanservice" area. Manliness is less about rugged and more about handsome their as well. Language is probably about the same.
---
"We're in bed together, Senator, we have been for a while. So relax, bend over, and enjoy it." - Jason Wynn