walmart midnight release

#1guyx20Posted 10/5/2012 1:15:37 PM
so i wanted to get the basic model from walmart but i never done this before so does anyone know how this will work will they have the wii u ready to buy at midnight and where do you wait inline do you wait outside or at the elctric dpartment and do they give out vouchers i wa gonna try going around noonish so for anyone who got a console at launch can you tell me what its like please :)
---
Brawl fc 4210-3768-4141
#2KinjiMuto_3Posted 10/5/2012 1:18:02 PM
- line
- vouchers
- advise you to wait 36 hours before midnight
- line varies on it being inside/outside
- bring entertainment
- bring chairs/blankets
---
Not Changing till John Morrison wins a World Championship - Started 12/23/08
#3ReedeemerPosted 10/5/2012 1:20:39 PM
Well first off check if your WalMart is open 24/7, mine is, so I can just walk in around midnight and head over to electronics / videogames. I don't remember what was the last game I got at midnight but I recall they had a line in the electronics section for customers.
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#4blangloisPosted 10/5/2012 1:23:32 PM
I did the Wii launch at a 24 hour Wal-Mart. I got there around 2 PM and was about 15th in line for about 25 total consoles. They made us wait in the garden center, inside the caged part, outside but under cover. There were chairs set up to claim your spot. About 10 PM, they came by to give vouchers to the 25 people actually sitting in a chair. After you had your voucher you are free to roam.

At my Wal Mart they were actually very cool with us. They let a group bring in their own TV and Gamecube for a little Melee while we waited. Being at a Wal Mart has it's advantages since you can buy anything: all kinds of food, extra gloves/sweatshirts. A friend of mine bought some hand warmers from the hunting section and everyone in line took his lead and bought them all out. i recommend having a friend with you who does not intend to buy a Wii U so they can sit in your spot if you need to get up. Overall, it's not a bad way to go. We had a ton of fun.
#5druskiePosted 10/5/2012 1:29:15 PM
they told me "for those who didnt preorder, its first come first served"
---
paper mario: sticker star. 3DS. november 11th. spread the word. i have begun saving up for my wii u fund. TIME TO LIVE ON RAMEN FOR A COUPLE WEEKS! :D
#6trenkenPosted 10/5/2012 1:35:51 PM
blanglois posted...
I did the Wii launch at a 24 hour Wal-Mart. I got there around 2 PM and was about 15th in line for about 25 total consoles. They made us wait in the garden center, inside the caged part, outside but under cover. There were chairs set up to claim your spot. About 10 PM, they came by to give vouchers to the 25 people actually sitting in a chair. After you had your voucher you are free to roam.

At my Wal Mart they were actually very cool with us. They let a group bring in their own TV and Gamecube for a little Melee while we waited. Being at a Wal Mart has it's advantages since you can buy anything: all kinds of food, extra gloves/sweatshirts. A friend of mine bought some hand warmers from the hunting section and everyone in line took his lead and bought them all out. i recommend having a friend with you who does not intend to buy a Wii U so they can sit in your spot if you need to get up. Overall, it's not a bad way to go. We had a ton of fun.

Lol nice Walmart you had, setting up chairs for you. Ours didnt, then again ours got 200 Wiis in. WTF @ your walmart only getting 25. Where do you live, some deserted southern town?
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#7KinjiMuto_3Posted 10/5/2012 1:37:30 PM
^^^ I call major BS on your Wal-mart getting 200

ours only got 25 also, I'm in a big city too
---
Not Changing till John Morrison wins a World Championship - Started 12/23/08
#8trenkenPosted 10/5/2012 1:40:37 PM
KinjiMuto_3 posted...
^^^ I call major BS on your Wal-mart getting 200

ours only got 25 also, I'm in a big city too

Call the Walmart in Old Bridge NJ, ask them. Im sure someone there might remember. The Target near me got about 175. Thats pretty normal. 25 is not.

Im sure others will be along shortly to back me up. I remember a crap ton of topics here of peoples stores getting tons of them, easily 100-200.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#9blangloisPosted 10/5/2012 1:46:00 PM

Lol nice Walmart you had, setting up chairs for you. Ours didnt, then again ours got 200 Wiis in. WTF @ your walmart only getting 25. Where do you live, some deserted southern town?

Memphis, TN. It's not deserted, but it may as well be. The economic base sucks here. It does not surprise me that a NJ Walmart would get so many more.

The chairs were for line keeping. It was literally your butt in a seat that guaranteed your spot for a voucher. If you got up and lost it, then too bad.
#10lionheart5656Posted 10/5/2012 1:47:13 PM
Walmart: Where poor people gather in droves for a nice night out.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.