Say "No" to Region-Locking

#1omniryuPosted 10/5/2012 3:41:48 PM
Ok, this gen we suffered a lot of games not released from japan to the west. Why put a regional lock on ALL games? What the Wii U need to do is take features from both Xbox 360 and PS3. The 360 do not put region lock on games that will never have an official US release.
The Playstation 3 allows you to access the console's store of different region. If each console is allowed access to each eshop region. I guarantee you more developers will start releasing games over the west. Because if we can use download as a gauge of peoples interest in a title then games will be release accordingly.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#2lionheart5656Posted 10/5/2012 3:53:18 PM
Only poor people care about region locking.

If you weren't poor, you would just import and buy a Japanese Wii U and then hire a translator to translate for you while you played.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#3MoegittoPosted 10/5/2012 3:54:55 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
Only poor people care about region locking.

If you weren't poor, you would just import and buy a Japanese Wii U and then hire a translator to translate for you while you played.

This guy is trolling hard as hell, but I gotta admit he's funny with his trolling. Originality is rare on these boards.
#4DrRMPosted 10/5/2012 4:42:13 PM
^^^ using the same concept over and over is not original xD

off topic: "No" to Region-Locking http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/131/786/tumblr_ljkeuyjp1a1qafrh6.gif?1318992465
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#5omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:53:50 PM
Alright, when "The adventure of Tentacle Boy & D-Cup Girl" is release in Japan only don't come crying to me.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#6MoegittoPosted 10/5/2012 5:07:47 PM
Region locking only hurts if they make a game that is popular overseas and the western world wants it. The main purpose for using region locks is to prevent one market from stalling the other. Prime example is Ragnarok: Odyssey, everyone is buying the Hong Kong version, so when the US/EU version is finally released no as many people will buy it because they already bought a import copy.
#7redkrank1Posted 10/5/2012 5:14:49 PM
I love playing people across the world but if the connections are so bad it affects the game experience I would get bored. Loading times would have to be addressed and if applicable language barries.
---
Red is a way of life, work hard, play hard, enjoy life. I am red krank a true Kansas man, not a good man, not a bad man, just a man.
#8MasterPokerPosted 10/5/2012 5:19:40 PM
Its because it would severely hurt the Japanese market, not the other way around.

Games in Japan are very expensive relative to the world market right now, because of the strength of their currency. Japanese gamers, many more of which are fluent/semi-fluent in English, would import their games to get them at half price or better.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Currently ranked 6th: Xuande
#9ArabrockermanXPosted 10/5/2012 5:20:35 PM
I agree. Region-Locking is stupid.
#10PendragoonPosted 10/5/2012 5:24:17 PM
I hate region locks, but I do understand why they are in place. Why spend $100 for the Aus version when the US version is $60? After the exchange rate and shipping it is much cheaper and a lot of people take advantage of it.

I saved $30 by importing the HK version of Xillia instead of the jpn version, and the region stamp is the only difference.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709