Online Coop in NSMBU Impossible!?

#101darkqueenhelbaPosted 10/8/2012 2:12:54 AM(edited)
Get over your Online Crack Addiction already. You don't have to play every game online. Plenty of other games out there besides Mario to play online. That's probably what bugs me most. I enjoy online gaming. I play plenty of MMOs all the time. However, I don't expect any developers out there to cater to my every whim. Too many people already use online as a crutch anyway for their subpar games. If the game isn't good enough to stand on its own, it's not even a game worth playing in the first place. If you have to rely on online play just to make the game engaging, what's that say about the game? Says to me, that it's not that great of a game.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#102TediousMattPosted 10/8/2012 2:23:52 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
IzanagiBlast posted...
Only 2 words TC: ONLINE TROLLS

Trolls exist in real life too.

Exhibit A
#103Wario_manPosted 10/8/2012 2:43:40 AM
Hahahahahahahaha, oh, God, Nintendo. Jesus.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#104TrueBlue91Posted 10/8/2012 8:28:54 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
I consider online multiplayer to be one of the most overrated things in all of gaming.

It really isn't though. Nintendo fans who have only experienced laughable pathetic online play throw this phrase around.

If Mario has local play, it can certainly benefit from online play.

I'm not a Nintendo only gamer.

I've played plenty of online games on PS3/360, like Halo 3/Reach, Uncharted 2/3, Battlefield 3, etc.

All get very boring very fast and can't hold a candle to a decent single player campaign.

If Mario has Local, it can have (and should have) online play.

Seriously, we're not asking for online in Zelda, we're asking for it in a game that already has local play. On a console supposedly online-focused. In 2012. In the 'next-gen'.

Is that really too much too ask? :/

funny thing is many zelda games that didn't need local or online multiplayer actually got it...

just look at Phantom Hourglass.

Yeah, that is pretty random.
#105omniryuPosted 10/8/2012 8:36:12 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Get over your Online Crack Addiction already. You don't have to play every game online. Plenty of other games out there besides Mario to play online. That's probably what bugs me most. I enjoy online gaming. I play plenty of MMOs all the time. However, I don't expect any developers out there to cater to my every whim. Too many people already use online as a crutch anyway for their subpar games. If the game isn't good enough to stand on its own, it's not even a game worth playing in the first place. If you have to rely on online play just to make the game engaging, what's that say about the game? Says to me, that it's not that great of a game.

Really? Addiction? Lawd ha' mercy. My baby is an addict. We are not going to the extreme and say Nintendo needs to make it an mmo where you have different places like dinosaurs land and delfino isle. No, we just want to connect. And why constantly defend Nintendo for its shortcoming? I want to play Mario with online. I'm not worried a out the other games.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#106AkaimizuPosted 10/8/2012 8:39:43 AM(edited)
Well, I guess the idea is that they really want Mario games to be all about Couch-party play. They're not keen on having that series where people play from separate locations yet. Then again, it's coming out at the same time as another Nintendo title (NintendoLand) which also is only local multiplayer.

It's the third parties that are jumping in with the online kick, this time.

Still, I guess if Rayman (which comes later) has multiplayer, it'll probably have online.

Of course, this wont apply to any eventual Mario Kart or SSB release, since I guess they already entered the realm of online play. But I agree. For some interesting reason, there are certain franchises Nintendo seems like they never want to introduce online play to.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#107Rennik RepotsirPosted 10/8/2012 8:39:13 AM
Wait... I thought the core gamers that care for online don't even want the rehash called NSMBU... Is this another "complain just to complain" topic?
---
FREE BUMP!!!
I bored; eat it...</post>
#108Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/8/2012 8:54:58 AM
In case you people ever wondered who the nintendo defense force were on this board, just look at the people defending Nintendo in this topic... The smarter ones simply avoided the topic altogether because they know how foolish they would look defending Nintendos stupid decision with this game.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#109ColorfulColorsPosted 10/8/2012 8:59:07 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
In case you people ever wondered who the nintendo defense force were on this board, just look at the people defending Nintendo in this topic... The smarter ones simply avoided the topic altogether because they know how foolish they would look defending Nintendos stupid decision with this game.

You seem to have alot of fun at the Nintendo Hate Force yourself kirbs.
---
GreenKnight~The Guy Who Won't Let Bayonetta 2 Go
#110GloryChaosPosted 10/8/2012 9:01:45 AM
They're not even NDF members. Most of the arguments just sound irrational to me.

A: "Hey guys. Renewable energy sources are becoming all the rage now."
B: "That's nice. But we already use nuclear energy. Why should we care?"
A: "In order to have options available to ourselves and anyone else who may need it-"
B: "Ohoho. There's no need for that."

I mean, I could understand the argument of online modes demanding time and resources. The overall single player game may be much better (and local multiplayer too) without attention being diverted away from them. But for games that don't have a "rich local multiplayer" (according to darkjedilink) anyway, I don't see the problem. For games like Goldeneye and CoD where the local multiplayer suffers...that just seems like laziness.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png