Online Coop in NSMBU Impossible!?

#21IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/6/2012 2:48:09 PM
Danspurt posted...
They know it'll sell really well anyway, so they don't even bother. :/

It's a damn shame when the popularity of an IP gets in the way of features, if this is the case.

Yup, that's why I gave up on Mario. Other Platformers, 2D and 3D, are so much better.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#22YoyokuKOPosted 10/6/2012 2:50:50 PM
*suicides the whole game with TC*
#23GloryChaosPosted 10/6/2012 2:55:08 PM
You chose to complain about NSMBU not having online co-op? Complain about the $60 Nintendo Land not having it. Onlinen co-op in side scrolling platformers is absolutely terrible.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#24darkjedilinkPosted 10/6/2012 3:21:08 PM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
If a game already has LOCAL multiplayer and its on A NEW GEN CONSOLE then it SHOULD HAVE ONLINE multiplayer.

Why?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#25GloryChaosPosted 10/6/2012 3:27:14 PM
I kind of see what he's saying. There's no real downside to spending some spare time on an online mode and they almost always grant longevity to a game series. I wouldn't have purchased brawl if it didn't have online, as I rarely invite friends over to my house (we hang around outside and travel around the city) and I take my Wii outside to their houses even less. A primarily multiplayer game with local multiplayer only doesn't get the opportunity to be played much.

Nintendoland could have used this for its online games too. But Nintendo wants to mold the way you play the game which is kind of annoying. In the case of MSMBU, online would suck regardless...unless they had leader boards and for boost mode.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#26DanspurtPosted 10/6/2012 3:32:50 PM(edited)
GloryChaos posted...
Onlinen co-op in side scrolling platformers is absolutely terrible.

You think it is? Which online co-op platformers do you have experience with, and what big negative difference has online play made?

Because I don't really see the problem, besides the occasional element of lag and that you can't beat your friends over the head with a controller if they don't behave.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#27lgiPosted 10/6/2012 3:35:50 PM
Danspurt posted...
GloryChaos posted...

You think it is? Which online co-op platformers do you have experience with, and what big negative difference has online play made?

Because I don't really see the problem, besides the occasional element of lag and that you can't beat your friends over the head with a controller if they don't behave.

What if those friends that you're talking about are too busy to come to your house to play a game? Or they live on another state?
#28darkjedilinkPosted 10/6/2012 3:38:49 PM
GloryChaos posted...
I kind of see what he's saying. There's no real downside to spending some spare time on an online mode and they almost always grant longevity to a game series. I wouldn't have purchased brawl if it didn't have online, as I rarely invite friends over to my house (we hang around outside and travel around the city) and I take my Wii outside to their houses even less. A primarily multiplayer game with local multiplayer only doesn't get the opportunity to be played much.

Nintendoland could have used this for its online games too. But Nintendo wants to mold the way you play the game which is kind of annoying. In the case of MSMBU, online would suck regardless...unless they had leader boards and for boost mode.

NintendoLand is a game designed around local multi - you're meant to interact with the other players in-game and out at the same time, and this is something that online play cannot duplicate. Online play would take away the whole essence of NL.

Side-scrolling Mario wouldn't benefit, either - boost mode would be a TRAIN WRECK! Whomever is putting up the platforms could troll you by not putting platforms where they're needed, with no recourse. The regular multiplayer options would be full of people dropping or throwing people in bottomless pits. This is acceptable in local, because you KNOW the people. This is trolling in online multi.

Finally, just because YOU don't do local multi doesn't mean that games should forgo concentrating on it. I have people over for Mario all the time - hell, between myself, my wife and my son, I almost never NEED someone to come over for local multi. Why should my multiplayer experience be diminished due to a lack of focus for yours due to your own personal decisions when there are already a crapton of games out there that offer online multiplayer?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#29darkjedilinkPosted 10/6/2012 3:41:51 PM
lgi posted...
Danspurt posted...
GloryChaos posted...

What if those friends that you're talking about are too busy to come to your house to play a game? Or they live on another state?

Get more friends that live close?
---
#30NewniePosted 10/6/2012 3:47:23 PM
All I have to say is that it truly is disappointing there is no online co-op, but nothing to whine about.

Besides, I been wanting to find games I can enjoy with my friends and family, maybe have a couple beers and have a good time.
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.