Online Coop in NSMBU Impossible!?

#261lgiPosted 10/8/2012 3:36:01 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
lgi posted...
darkjedilink posted...
lgi posted...
That's the operative phrase. "if they wanted it." Obviously, Nintendo doesn't want it.

What's the issue?

With fans like you dude, they don't have to do anything.

To a Mario game? They sure as hell don't have to add online play.

No, of course not. Keep it local. You'll get it one day, why online is important, you're busy with your job or school and your friends can't come over to play.

Hate to get into it, but, sucks to be you. Thats what it used to be like. You're just gonna have to deal with it.

I wish I can be 10 years old again like you and have all the time in the world to play videogames and have my school friends come over to play, but I have a life.
#262omniryuPosted 10/8/2012 3:36:47 PM
darkjedilink posted...

That's the operative phrase. "if they wanted it." Obviously, Nintendo doesn't want it.

What's the issue?

What do you think of the whole point Nintendo downright saying their online service suck and they will take online seriously? Really, Nintendo was just saying that for laugh and giggles? There is a demand for an online option. The issue here is Nintendo isn't pushing hard enough.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#263IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/8/2012 3:37:30 PM
rudgerlight posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
NSMBU is a cheap title that will make them millions sadly. Other companies make such better 2D Platformers and they never sell as well due to fanboy ism.

As big of a Nintendo fan as I am, it is true. I don't know how "cheap" they are, but there are definitely many games that are better. Super Meat Boy is a prime example.

Super Meat Boy is probably one of the best platformers ever created, that and Super Mario World.

But....but how is that possible without online multiplayer? Are you starting to comprehend the issue I've been having with these arguments?

i think you're the one confused. Does the game have a local multiplayer mode?

Yeah.... neither of those games have multiplayer. Wouldn't work for Meat Boy at all, Super Mario World could but it doesn't lol.
#264TrueBlue91Posted 10/8/2012 3:37:50 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Online multiplayer is actually very difficult to implement for platforming games. It's the reason there are only a handful of them which are online and even several of those aren't very good at it. It doesn't mean it's impossible, but it does mean it is much more time consuming than those on this board seem to realize.

Here's a super long neogaf thread on it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494285

As stated repeatedly throughout, possible, but not necessarily quick and easy. Racers and shooters are much easier for online despite being more graphically intense. Graphics aren't the judge of what makes online easy, but timing and the amount of level interaction.

It's not unreasonable to expect it from such a rich company.

I mean, put it this way. If NSMBU was NOT HD, it wouldn't be fair to argue "making a fully HD game is hard you know", would it?

And regarding the mechanics and how online would work, the game already has local multiplayer! They've already established how multiplayer works, so that's not an excuse.
#265omniryuPosted 10/8/2012 3:39:08 PM
darkjedilink posted...
lgi posted...
darkjedilink posted...
lgi posted...

What's the issue?

No, of course not. Keep it local. You'll get it one day, why online is important, you're busy with your job or school and your friends can't come over to play.

Except my friends CAN. And my family.

Just because you're asocial in your work setting doesn't mean Nintendo needs to shoehorn online play in games developed with a local multiplayer or single player focus.

Because everybody plays Nintendo right. Let me to next door so I can get my neighbours to play new super Mario bros.
---
#266ColorfulColorsPosted 10/8/2012 3:40:10 PM
lgi posted...
I wish I can be 10 years old again like you and have all the time in the world to play videogames and have my school friends come over to play, but I have a life.

Oh i'm sorry, you're gonna have to deal with it. And yet, you say you don't have enough time to play video games, yet, you have time to go online and play. Also, not 10.
---
GreenKnight~The Guy Who Won't Let Bayonetta 2 Go
#267rudgerlightPosted 10/8/2012 3:41:37 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Online multiplayer is actually very difficult to implement for platforming games. It's the reason there are only a handful of them which are online and even several of those aren't very good at it. It doesn't mean it's impossible, but it does mean it is much more time consuming than those on this board seem to realize.

Here's a super long neogaf thread on it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494285

As stated repeatedly throughout, possible, but not necessarily quick and easy. Racers and shooters are much easier for online despite being more graphically intense. Graphics aren't the judge of what makes online easy, but timing and the amount of level interaction.

It's not unreasonable to expect it from such a rich company.

I mean, put it this way. If NSMBU was NOT HD, it wouldn't be fair to argue "making a fully HD game is hard you know", would it?

And regarding the mechanics and how online would work, the game already has local multiplayer! They've already established how multiplayer works, so that's not an excuse.

You didn't read the article or directly respond to my post.....or you misread it. I'm not sure. I wasn't saying making multiplayer was hard, I said making online multiplayer was. Impossible? No. Hard? Yes. And completely unnecessary when they believe (rightly) that the game will sell millions without the added effort.

If this was a conversation about a lack of online for Smash Bros, there would be a point here. People wanted it. They begged for it. Nintendo gave it to them and it didn't work right. Hopefully they'll get it next time. NSMB Wii came out and nobody begged for online.....so what's the point?

Seriously guys, go start a petition or something if you really want it. You know, try to implement change rather than complaining on gamefaqs about a game you don't even seem excited to play. Hell, I don't even care, but I'll sign your petition.
#268IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/8/2012 3:42:59 PM
I honestly feel bad for the kids that think that local multiplayer is more important, so selfish.
#269omniryuPosted 10/8/2012 3:44:44 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
lgi posted...

Oh i'm sorry, you're gonna have to deal with it. And yet, you say you don't have enough time to play video games, yet, you have time to go online and play. Also, not 10.

Dude, how the way you're acting is hard to tell. You're acting as if the same guy who programs Mario also work on the net code. Doesn't work like that. Nintendo had more than two years to work on this. They have plenty of time to add online on it.
---
#270GloryChaosPosted 10/8/2012 3:45:05 PM
darkjedilink posted...
lgi posted...
darkjedilink posted...
lgi posted...

What's the issue?

Except my friends CAN. And my family.

Just because you're asocial in your work setting doesn't mean Nintendo needs to shoehorn online play in games developed with a local multiplayer or single player focus.

They don't need to. You're right. But the argument is that it would be nice as well as very convenient. On rare ocassions, my friends can come over and we can play local multiplayer. When they are outside of the state, we can continue to play over the Internet. It is the best of both worlds. It's like owning a DS and Psp. You aren't missing out on anything and everyone benefits. You can't make an argument about what developers NEED to do because it's a video game. They don't need to do anything and can do whatever they want. But if the possibility exists, then these options would be nice.

Just because my friends are out of state, I should be denied the ability to play with anyone? Just because we can't always drive or fly miles to meet them means we can't play Mario Party at all? Just because I'm friends with people who do live close by but would rather not play video games while hanging out, I'm asocial? I grew up with a mother who was never interested in video games and most multiplayer games were wasted on me until I found somebody else who was interested in playing. This is my fault?

For those saying that we used to play multi player games without online, that argument makes no sense. We used to rely ONLY on coal power plants and our video games all had 8 bit graphics. Of course, there was never any need to change any of this...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png