Online Coop in NSMBU Impossible!?

#61VenomSymbiotePosted 10/6/2012 6:56:31 PM
I honestly would buy NSMBU day one if it had online multiplayer. Without it I think I'll just get it later or let people know I want it as a holiday gift or something. Otherwise there's several other games I'm just more interested in. REALLY hope Wonderful 101 has online multiplayer.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#62egglinkPosted 10/6/2012 7:20:22 PM(edited)
For a game like this, I don't really see how online would be popular.

Think about it, the Wii U (as far as I'm concerned) doesn't have voice chat in-game, and communication is important in co-op game. And if I play a game online with my friends, and I can't talk to them or hear their reactions, the experience just doesn't feel the same. Especially in a game where you can grab one of your friends, and toss them off a ledge.

But, that's just me.

Edit: I thought about it for a bit, and I don't really see how it would make the game better.
---
Steam: Poeish
#63VenomSymbiotePosted 10/6/2012 7:39:12 PM
But the Wii U does support voice chat. The pad has a mic and speaker built in. Hope you can hook a normal mic up to it, but it still supports it.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#64omniryuPosted 10/6/2012 9:02:40 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
But the Wii U does support voice chat. The pad has a mic and speaker built in. Hope you can hook a normal mic up to it, but it still supports it.

So do the DS and 3ds, but how many games support voice chat on it? Not many. Which I find stupid as Hell.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#65kobalobasileusPosted 10/6/2012 9:19:32 PM
I enjoyed NSMBW more by myself, so I don't really care if NSMBU doesn't support MP of either the local or online varieties.
#66ShadowkhNinjaPosted 10/7/2012 12:49:53 AM
i feel sad for the nintendo fanboys that only experienced the horrible wii's online and haven't evolved into wanting online like the rest of the gaming world.
Maybe its because their online experiences were so horrible that they haven't been able to see the real beauty.

Anyway all 2d sonic games on 360/ps3 have online multiplayer and so does Little Big Planet. Those games are fun to play online and keep you playing the game after you finish single player.

NSMBU finish in like 8 hours 100% never play again.
If it had online then it would pass like 100 hours of play time.

Sorry but I want to play with friends from around the world or that are too busy to come over to play mario locally.

almost every 2d game on ps3/360 has online nowadays and Nintendo needs to get with the times
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#67ChipChippersonPosted 10/7/2012 1:36:49 AM
ShadowkhNinja posted...
i feel sad for the nintendo fanboys that only experienced the horrible wii's online and haven't evolved into wanting online like the rest of the gaming world.
Maybe its because their online experiences were so horrible that they haven't been able to see the real beauty.

I've had XBL for many years and I've had PSN. It's not just "Nintendo fanboys" who don't give 2 poops about online play, I don't either and I've used "good" online services.

The real beauty of what, shoehorned online play at the expense of the single player game? Games that have real replay value replaced by "Derp, we put in a multiplayer mode!"? Every person involved in the creation of an online mode is one who is not being used to make the single player experience the best it can be.

Haven't evolved? Thanks to today's gamers who would rather sit and drool to deathmatches, the games themselves have devolved.

Some games need online play. Others don't. I don't know what about that is so hard to grasp. Mario Kart? Yea. A 2D Mario game? Not so much.

Maybe Nintendo made the right decision in ditching the "hardcore" gamers, you guys do nothing but bloody whine about everything and nothing is ever good enough. A dopey "casual" buys their games and are happy with their purchase, they don't sit nit-picking everything the company does. If I were Nintendo I'd have made the same decision.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#68Oracion-AlphaPosted 10/7/2012 1:51:51 AM
Usually I find that people who complain about a game not having online are people who don't have any friends to play with.
#69AwesomeOSaucePosted 10/7/2012 2:34:03 AM
Oracion-Alpha posted...
Usually I find that people who complain about a game not having online are people who don't have any friends to play with.

15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

I usually find that when people are jerks on gamefaqs and post stupid s*** its usually because they are trolls, alts aka new users...

;P
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#70DanspurtPosted 10/7/2012 2:35:57 AM
Oracion-Alpha posted...

Obviously you play online co-op like this with friends. It's just way easier to arrange than having friends over to play in case they live far away, even though the latter is funnier.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln