Kevin Butler Mario Kart Commercial leads to Sony Suing him

#11jmichaelbpPosted 10/6/2012 2:50:12 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Sony = Jackasses.

I hope Kevin Butler (Lambert), never does a single ad for them again.

Why? If they had a contract with him then this is well within their rights...

Technically, he was advertising Bridgestone and not MK.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - John Donne and used by Chuck from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#12Jinzo 111887Posted 10/6/2012 2:51:59 PM(edited)
Sony loves filing lawsuits. They sued over the Bleem! PSone emulator, they sued people who hacked their PS3s, now they're suing their old salesperson. I wonder if I left anyone out and who might be next.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z
#13IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/6/2012 2:51:57 PM
Here's the commercial, he was removed from it because of the contract though: http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=3409#/watch?v=M9WRGjODZDQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=M9WRGjODZDQ

Clearly promoting Bridgestone and Nintendo
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#14SentinoxPosted 10/6/2012 2:53:14 PM
Sony. Why? This is stupid. It is also petty. This is not what I expect of Sony. I was hoping that commercial would lead to a new Kevin Butler commercial involving him giving some outrageous excuse for playing MK.

I am disappoint in Sony. I want PS4, not a legal showdown dammit
---
CEO of the PlayStation Vita Cinema Snack Fun Land. Employees 2
#15DrRMPosted 10/6/2012 2:53:24 PM
Sony is just butthurt that their clown didn't want to jump more fire circles and go make more money on a greener land.

those who sue are most likely the ones in the bottom that do anything to keep themselves alive and have more money.

on a frontal note: have any of you heard or read of Nintendo suing someone?_?

I haven't

yet I have seen a lot of sues to nintendo.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#16IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/6/2012 2:53:31 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Sony loves filing lawsuits. They sued over the Bleem! PSone emulator, they sued people who hacked their PS3s, now they're suing their old salesperson. I wonder if I left anyone out and who might be next.

Whaaaat, they sued people that were profiting off of an illegal emu?!
Then they sued someone that broke into the PS3 and made it easy for pirates to pirate games?!
And then someone that broke a contract?!

Damn that Sony!!!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#17StickMen1090(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 2:54:22 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...

Whaaaat, they sued people that were profiting off of an illegal emu?!
Then they sued someone that broke into the PS3 and made it easy for pirates to pirate games?!
And then someone that broke a contract?!

Damn that Sony!!!

lets Get em!!
#18PendragoonPosted 10/6/2012 2:57:44 PM(edited)
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Sony loves filing lawsuits. They sued when Bleem! used the PSone bios, they sued people who hacked their PS3s, now they're suing their old salesperson. I wonder if I left anyone out and who might be next.

They sued Lik Sang into oblivion for allowing people to import PSPs.

They just picked a fight with a company that has far more money than they do. Bridgestone could drag it out and burn a lot of Sony's limited cash...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#19ORANGE666Posted 10/6/2012 2:56:20 PM
GigaVolts posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Sony = Jackasses.

Why? If they had a contract with him then this is well within their rights...

ORANGE666 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Sony = Jackasses.

He's under a legal contract. He broke it by doing a commercial that also advertised a competitors product. If people could advertise a competitors product without legal action, companies would be paying top dollar to steal competitors spokespersons. Basically, it would be end of using people as mascots behind an ad campaign

Technically, he is not advertising a Nintendo product, but instead bridgestone and a bridgestone promotion. Not a Nintendo thing

He's the president of Bridgestone. He purposely advertised a Nintendo product in his commercial.
#20SentinoxPosted 10/6/2012 2:56:50 PM
Here's the commercial, he was removed from it because of the contract though: http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=3409#/watch?v=M9WRGjODZDQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=M9WRGjODZDQ

Clearly promoting Bridgestone and Nintendo

No it isn't. It is advertising Bridgestone and the promotion. The Wii was just one of their rewards.
---
CEO of the PlayStation Vita Cinema Snack Fun Land. Employees 2