Kevin Butler Mario Kart Commercial leads to Sony Suing him

#131omniryuPosted 10/7/2012 6:53:18 AM
GigaVolts posted...
darkjedilink posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
Obama's stimulus wasn't symbolic like the Emancipation Proclamation, and it actually worked. Dissing the stimulus is why Mitt is having so much trouble in the Midwest...

Obama's stimulus was supposed to prevent unemployment from going above 8 percent. That didn't happen, so it didn't work.

If the stimulus didn't come, the auto industry would have suffered greatly, and we would be in a much MUCH worse economic position.

But people weren't complaining about the auto industry. They were complaining about the big bank. How it would trickle down to the consumer.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#132GigaVoltsPosted 10/7/2012 6:53:55 AM
Lawdog1521 posted...
Kevin Butler isn't real. He isn't an executive and he doesn't act like a boob. This was all created by Sony.

So when Jerry Lambert, the actor, uses a character that looks like Kevin and acts like Kevin, and Jerry Lambert owns the advertising firm that designed the new commercial, he should know damn well what the fallout is going to be.

He wasn't acting like kevin butler in the commercial though. So what are they suing him for? His face?
---
The Official GigaVolts Seal of Approval
http://i.imgur.com/WgB8X.png
#133GigaVoltsPosted 10/7/2012 6:59:32 AM
omniryu posted...
<

But people weren't complaining about the auto industry. They were complaining about the big bank. How it would trickle down to the consumer.

If the auto industry collapsed the US would have lost millions of jobs. So many, that unemployment would probably be at a best case scenario 9% to 10%

Jackal posted...
GadZooks1357 posted...
Jackal posted...
If Nintendo was suing one of it's advertisers

But they're not.

Please don't bring up that old and tired argument 'well, if Nintendo did it, you'd be cheering instead!' because it didn't happen, isn't happening, and, chances are, isn't going to happen either. If you have to resort to hypothetical situations just to make a point, it's you that is butthurt.

Of course I'll bring it up because in ever instance when the table have turned and Nintendo starts doing something that has already been done it is heralded as fantastic and right. It's been done in this and other forums on an almost daily basis.

If it was Nintendo then no one would have a problem with it. It would be considered the right thing to do.

If Nintendo sued someone for their face, people would complain. If you are a fanboy sad that your fav company did something wrong, get over it. All companies do things that are stupid. Sony/Nintendo are not perfect
---
#134omniryuPosted 10/7/2012 7:05:40 AM
GigaVolts posted...
omniryu posted...
<

If the auto industry collapsed the US would have lost millions of jobs. So many, that unemployment would probably be at a best case scenario 9% to 10%

Jackal posted...
GadZooks1357 posted...
Jackal posted...

But they're not.

Please don't bring up that old and tired argument 'well, if Nintendo did it, you'd be cheering instead!' because it didn't happen, isn't happening, and, chances are, isn't going to happen either. If you have to resort to hypothetical situations just to make a point, it's you that is butthurt.

Of course I'll bring it up because in ever instance when the table have turned and Nintendo starts doing something that has already been done it is heralded as fantastic and right. It's been done in this and other forums on an almost daily basis.

If it was Nintendo then no one would have a problem with it. It would be considered the right thing to do.

If Nintendo sued someone for their face, people would complain. If you are a fanboy sad that your fav company did something wrong, get over it. All companies do things that are stupid. Sony/Nintendo are not perfect

There never was a complaint ( or praise) for the Auto industry. People ask why did Obama bailed out the big banks. And why extend bush's tax cut.

Worst I heard Nintendo do is a cease and desist letter. And they got mad at a company for showing them a demo of link and samus on the ps2
---
#135omniryuPosted 10/7/2012 7:12:05 AM
jackal posted...

Some of those stuff Nintendo needed to do. Have a low power system? No third party. Most of. The people that say graphic over gameplay still believe that. It's the one that duty up through the Wii years and praise Nintendo for graphics.

Now the ones I have contempt for is the adamantly anti-online fans. "oh omniryu, nsmbu don't need online it will make the local multiplayer quality worse." That is such a load of baloney.
---
#136MegagunstarmanPosted 10/7/2012 7:18:54 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Sony = Jackasses.

I hope Kevin Butler (Lambert), never does a single ad for them again.

Why? If they had a contract with him then this is well within their rights...

Sony is claiming Lambert is trademarked by them. It's not a breach of contract.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#137GigaVoltsPosted 10/7/2012 7:20:21 AM
omniryu posted...

There never was a complaint ( or praise) for the Auto industry. People ask why did Obama bailed out the big banks. And why extend bush's tax cut.

Worst I heard Nintendo do is a cease and desist letter. And they got mad at a company for showing them a demo of link and samus on the ps2

The auto industry was in the brink of collapse before the stimulus. After the stimulus the auto industry was saved, thus saving the economy from another major collapse.

Yeah, Nintendo rarely sues people
---
#138JackalPosted 10/7/2012 7:21:57 AM
GigaVolts posted...
omniryu posted...
<

Jackal posted...
GadZooks1357 posted...
Jackal posted...

But they're not.

I have no favorite company so stop trying to give me one. I play whatever I want to play on wherever platform it may be on. I have been so for a very long time.

No one here knows the content of Kevin and Sony;s contracts. If he breached it then they are within their rights to sue if they feel like it like others have said. If Freedom of Speech overrides this then all of Nintendos NDAs would have been pointless. A contract is binding. If someone violates it either knowingly or not then they are subject to retaliation.

Nintendo sues America's dumbest video game pirate
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/government/nintendo-sues-americas-dumbest-video-game-pirate/8946

Former Sony Employee Sues Nintendo Over 3DS Screen Tech
http://www.1up.com/news/former-sony-employee-sues-nintendo-3ds-screen-tech

Nintendo Sued Over 3DS Magic Screen
http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-sued-over-3ds-magic-screen-2011-7

Nintendo to sue world of warcraft over use of battle pets?

Litigation is a part of being a big business. That's why they have departments for it. If Nintendo was suing someone people would either be for it or against it. Same goes for Sony and Microsoft and Apple, etc.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#139Wario_manPosted 10/7/2012 7:22:12 AM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Sony loves filing lawsuits. They sued over the Bleem! PSone emulator, they sued people who hacked their PS3s, now they're suing their old salesperson. I wonder if I left anyone out and who might be next.

Sounds like they're trying to be the next Apple. Except that they don't have nearly enough money or power to pull it off.
---
First I'll get the treasure, and then I'll get you.
#140MegagunstarmanPosted 10/7/2012 7:26:47 AM(edited)
Jackal posted...
No one here knows the content of Kevin and Sony;s contracts. If he breached it then they are within their rights to sue if they feel like it like others have said.

Read the documents (I know it's too much to ask that you try to understand what you're talking about). It's not a breach of contract but rather a trademark violation. That's why they are suing Bridgestone too.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11