About the WiiU and the sensor bar

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. About the WiiU and the sensor bar
3 years ago#11
trenken posted...
The_Lady_Lust posted...
okay, so I hear the WiiU comes with the Sensor Bar same as the Wii. I hear that it's only reason for being there is for in case you want to play Wii games. so is it true that you don't need it at all for WiiU games? It's useless unless I play a Wii game that needs it?

The Wii U is based on the Wii. It only comes with 1 tablet controller and there are no games that support more than 1, so the system is based on the Wii-motes so they same waggle controls from the Wii will be heavily featured in Wii U games.

ITP, pro controller doesn't exist.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
3 years ago#12
Oni_Taedo posted...
trenken posted...
The_Lady_Lust posted...
okay, so I hear the WiiU comes with the Sensor Bar same as the Wii. I hear that it's only reason for being there is for in case you want to play Wii games. so is it true that you don't need it at all for WiiU games? It's useless unless I play a Wii game that needs it?

The Wii U is based on the Wii. It only comes with 1 tablet controller and there are no games that support more than 1, so the system is based on the Wii-motes so they same waggle controls from the Wii will be heavily featured in Wii U games.

Oh you mean like that pro controller that the Wii had? That's an extra peripheral for people that prefer it to the tablet controller, especially young kids with tiny hands. I was at the Nintendo World Store yesterday, that tablet controller is not playable by very young kids.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
3 years ago#13
trenken posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
trenken posted...
The_Lady_Lust posted...

Oh you mean like that pro controller that the Wii had? That's an extra peripheral for people that prefer it to the tablet controller, especially young kids with tiny hands. I was at the Nintendo World Store yesterday, that tablet controller is not playable by very young kids.

No, he means that controller that looks like a Xbox 360 controller that's not required to be inserted into a Wiimote to work.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
3 years ago#14
trenken posted...
segamaster316 posted...
Why drag the Wiimote into the next generation of Nintendo games? I think the Wiimote should stay with Wii games only. Most turned away from that control scheme after using it for a month or two.

I guess you havent noticed but this system also has Wii in the name. Why? Because its another Wii. Nintendo has said many times many of the games will use the same controls as the Wii, and that they arent packing in the wiimote since they know most people that buy the U will already have wiimotes, which is probably true.

Yes, this system does have Wii in the name but it probably shouldn't if you're trying to go in a better direction. The last system with Wii in the name was a huge hype machine but in reality it was a dust collector after being played for a couple months. It's staying power wasn't one-tenth that of the PS3 or Xbox 360.

With the Wii supposidly being Nintendo's next gen machine, it is probably already have issues with publishers making their products different for the Wii U than what is already being made for the PS3 or Xbox360. With this going on, there's no way you can lead the industry into the future. Once a new Playstation and/or Xbox hits the market, it's pretty much over. No matter how anyone tries to hype some sellout presell orders.

---
Who do you think you are, I am!
(message deleted)
3 years ago#16
segamaster316 posted...
Why drag the Wiimote into the next generation of Nintendo games? I think the Wiimote should stay with Wii games only. Most turned away from that control scheme after using it for a month or two.

For shooters. Devs want to move forward, not backwards to the 1990's with poor accuracy like you're stuck with on the 360 and non-Move PS3 shooters.

For Pikmin 3, which is near impossible to play on a regular controller after you've experienced pointer controls.
---
Level up your life, every single day.
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
3 years ago#17
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
The sensor bar is only needed for pointer functions. You could even navigate menus and play games without it. It serves that single purpose.

I need to clarify this. The Wii U tablet CAN do pointer functions and do so without the sensor bar. The ninja game on NintendoWorld demonstrates this. The sensor bar is solely for the wiimote.
3 years ago#18
RyuNinjaDog posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
The sensor bar is only needed for pointer functions. You could even navigate menus and play games without it. It serves that single purpose.

I need to clarify this. The Wii U tablet CAN do pointer functions and do so without the sensor bar. The ninja game on NintendoWorld demonstrates this. The sensor bar is solely for the wiimote.

I meant for Wiimotes. The Gamepad's NFC technology allows it to pinpoint where it is facing in relation to your console (or whatever). That's why the Gyro can be used to view objects off screen.
---
"We're in bed together, Senator, we have been for a while. So relax, bend over, and enjoy it." - Jason Wynn
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. About the WiiU and the sensor bar

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived