The Sad but True Story of Nintendo

#21jakestar0306Posted 10/7/2012 3:12:47 PM
AxelPoe posted...
At one point I said this topic could use 20% more coolness...

You disappoint and sicken me simultaneously.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#22ChipChippersonPosted 10/7/2012 3:16:31 PM
PhoenixPrince posted...
batwing321 posted...
It's not that Nintendo's going fast this time around, it's Microsoft and Sony that are taking it slow. It's been 7 years since the 360 came out, and the majority of new systems have had 5-6 years in between iterations. There's also the rumor that the new systems from those two won't be as big a jump as previously, and if that's the case, most likely they'll at least be officially announced within a year.

This. Nintendo is finally forcing the 8th Gen. It's been way too long and is high time for an upgrade, but Sony and Microsoft would be happy with letting it drag on for a few more years.

Had the Wii not been a PS2 in disguise, I'd be okay with letting it go for a few more years too. However Nintendo pretty much had to upgrade at this point.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#23squatch22Posted 10/7/2012 3:18:17 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
PhoenixPrince posted...
batwing321 posted...
It's not that Nintendo's going fast this time around, it's Microsoft and Sony that are taking it slow. It's been 7 years since the 360 came out, and the majority of new systems have had 5-6 years in between iterations. There's also the rumor that the new systems from those two won't be as big a jump as previously, and if that's the case, most likely they'll at least be officially announced within a year.

This. Nintendo is finally forcing the 8th Gen. It's been way too long and is high time for an upgrade, but Sony and Microsoft would be happy with letting it drag on for a few more years.

Had the Wii not been a PS2 in disguise, I'd be okay with letting it go for a few more years too. However Nintendo pretty much had to upgrade at this point.

Show me a PS2 title that looks as good as Xenoblade chronicles.

And i guess u forgot that even Gamecube was more powerful than PS2...
---
''Having more games (even more good games) doesn't equal better'' : Sony fan troll logic.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#24The_Lady_LustPosted 10/7/2012 3:24:52 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
AxelPoe posted...

How does he disappoint and sicken you?
---
You humans are such sad and weak, foolish creatures.
#25MajinKogahazanPosted 10/7/2012 3:31:26 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
TheForeverLost posted...
Nintendo will always be behind Microsoft and Sony when it comes to the tech. They rush out early with a new system. Which will only hurt them in the long run. It's like they think they will win the console wars just cuz they come out with something new first. Yeah, sales will be okay for some short time. But once Microsoft and Sony sees what the Wii U can do, they just going to top it. Then, once again, Nintendo's hardware will be left in the dust.

Yeah, but Nintendo will still sell better, so it's a victory in that sense.

I wanted to say that
---
Games to troll: A Link to the Past, Skyward Sword, Tales of Graces, Star Ocean series.
Dubs>Subs
#26jakestar0306Posted 10/7/2012 3:37:38 PM
The_Lady_Lust posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
AxelPoe posted...

Isn't it obvious?

AxelPoe posted...
20% more coolness

---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#271shadetail1Posted 10/7/2012 3:41:25 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
The_Lady_Lust posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
AxelPoe posted...

Isn't it obvious?

No, actually, it isn't. Whatever it is, it seems you're the only one who knows about it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#28kinglink13Posted 10/7/2012 3:47:02 PM
Wasn't the Nintendo 64 and GameCube more powerful than PS1 and PS2? Thoughts so.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#29dwebbsterPosted 10/7/2012 3:54:38 PM
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/lifetime-sales-67-million-xbox-360s-64-million-playstation-3s-96-million-nintendo-wiis/

While Microsoft and Sony have experienced losses producing their consoles in the hopes of making a long-term profit on software sales, Nintendo reportedly has optimized production costs to obtain a significant profit margin with each Wii unit sold.[99] On September 17, 2007, the Financial Times reported that this direct profit per Wii sold may vary from $13 in Japan to $49 in the United States and $79 in Europe.[100] On December 2, 2008, Forbes reported that Nintendo makes a $6 operating profit per Wii unit sold.[101]

I think Nintendo may just make it.
---
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
#30MonadAlvisPosted 10/7/2012 4:18:46 PM
squatch22 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
PhoenixPrince posted...
batwing321 posted...

Show me a PS2 title that looks as good as Xenoblade chronicles.

And i guess u forgot that even Gamecube was more powerful than PS2...

Hey, there are a couple PS2 games that are up there. Look at Shadow of the Colossus. Not saying most or even a lot, but there are a couple.
---
My mains from various games:
Seven, Link, Pit, Death Saucer