The Sad but True Story of Nintendo

#51AxelPoePosted 10/8/2012 4:33:40 PM
Foppe posted...
AxelPoe posted...
TheForeverLost posted...
Your all wrong. I started gaming with the Game Boii U XL Micro.

At one point I said this topic could use 20% more coolness...
Now... I lost all hope.

Not even Rainbow Dash can save this topic now...

Are you kidding me!?
If RD was here, she Sonic Rainboom this whole board into epic coolness!
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies! [{o}]
#52TheForeverLost(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:39:43 PM
What is wrong with you all! Xo
#53AxelPoePosted 10/8/2012 4:45:35 PM
You know what TC... this is for you!

http://iambrony.jsmart.web.id/mlp/gif/131178813570.gif?1316803729
---
#54jakestar0306Posted 10/8/2012 5:21:57 PM
What is wrong with you people?

If you're just going to just talk about ponies the whole time, then go back to FurAffinity.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#55CharskiPosted 10/8/2012 5:25:07 PM
it's only because nintendo follows this whole concept of "making it on a low bugdet and still keep it unique". really, i don't think they should follow this idea anymore...
#56Shinobi120Posted 10/8/2012 8:34:23 PM
Charski posted...
it's only because nintendo follows this whole concept of "making it on a low bugdet and still keep it unique". really, i don't think they should follow this idea anymore...

You do realize that they're a gaming only company, right? Look what happened to Sega when they did that with the Sega Saturn (as Sega was a gaming only company, too). Lost out on a ton of profit, & had to close up shop for Dreamcast early because they could no longer afford to keep the system going financially.
#57pearl arowanaPosted 10/9/2012 4:10:59 AM
TheForeverLost posted...
Nintendo will always be behind Microsoft and Sony when it comes to the tech. They rush out early with a new system. Which will only hurt them in the long run. It's like they think they will win the console wars just cuz they come out with something new first. Yeah, sales will be okay for some short time. But once Microsoft and Sony sees what the Wii U can do, they just going to top it. Then, once again, Nintendo's hardware will be left in the dust.

they do that to rip off their fan base.
cheap components, cheap tech = BIG PROFIT

generally they just make thier new console slightly better than current gen. came out early. BOOM! nintendo fanboy flocks in.

rofl
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#58squatch22Posted 10/9/2012 6:26:30 AM
pearl arowana posted...
TheForeverLost posted...
Nintendo will always be behind Microsoft and Sony when it comes to the tech. They rush out early with a new system. Which will only hurt them in the long run. It's like they think they will win the console wars just cuz they come out with something new first. Yeah, sales will be okay for some short time. But once Microsoft and Sony sees what the Wii U can do, they just going to top it. Then, once again, Nintendo's hardware will be left in the dust.

they do that to rip off their fan base.
cheap components, cheap tech = BIG PROFIT

generally they just make thier new console slightly better than current gen. came out early. BOOM! nintendo fanboy flocks in.

rofl

I guess another Sonyboy who only started gaming in the PS3 gen...
---
''Engine isn't code...'' : Sony fan troll logic.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#59AxelPoePosted 10/9/2012 9:39:34 AM
*Remembers the good old days of the NES/SNES. When friends would have to come over in order to play together.*
---
#60EarthViperPosted 10/9/2012 9:51:03 AM
Foppe posted...
They rushed out Snes... 2 years after Genesis...
They rushed out Nintendo 64... 2 years after Saturn...
They rushed out Gamecube... 3 years after Dreamcast...
They rushed out Wii... 1 year after Xbox 360...

Lol, that was my reaction.

Face it, Nintendo doesn't make less expensive hardware because they're in a hurry, they do it because it's financially sound. Ask Sony how trying to one up MS in tech worked out for them. Nintendo nor Sony can afford to get into n arms race with MS. Nintendo knew this and Sony...well I'd say they learned the hard way but maybe they didn't learn at all.

The sad but true story is of spec sheet fanboys who buy a console for tech instead of games. If tech is all that matters spend your pennies on a rig that will run circles around any stand alone console. If you want to play games, buy it for the ****ing games.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.