The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

User Info: Kooky_von_Koopa

Kooky_von_Koopa
4 years ago#1
Mother: "Hey son, looks it's the new Wii, the Wii U!"
Son: "It looks great!"
Mother: "Yeah but you already have your PS3, the Wii U will be for your little sister!"
Son: "Awww okay"

It's depressing when I see stuff like this, I am not a damn troll, I am being serious here.
"Behold my powers! I am the most powerful Pokemon in the world!" -Mewtwo
3DS FC: 4339-2716-5379

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#2
Lies.

sound clip or it didn't happen.
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu

User Info: link5003

link5003
4 years ago#3
I've heard sadder, like the mom that said that she wasn't going to get her son a Snes because they had the Nes, and they just want more money out of them.
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.

User Info: segamaster316

segamaster316
4 years ago#4
I Don't really know what to tell you on that one. The same thing will happen when the new Playstation and Xbox release.
Who do you think you are, I am!

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
4 years ago#5
Doesn't mean they can't share. The Wii U has support for at least four players. Maybe even five or six. That's why "Wii" is part of the name.
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z

User Info: VenomSymbiote

VenomSymbiote
4 years ago#6
That's kind of mean of the mom. Pointing out a new system, to flip it and say "Ha ha no you're not getting one." Why even mention it? Unless of course she intends to get it for him for a Holiday gift. In that case, way to go mom.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

User Info: Nyyark

Nyyark
4 years ago#7
VenomSymbiote posted...
That's kind of mean of the mom. Pointing out a new system, to flip it and say "Ha ha no you're not getting one." Why even mention it? Unless of course she intends to get it for him for a Holiday gift. In that case, way to go mom.

Yeah if the mom was pointing it out she was probably testing the waters for a holiday surprise present. Now the kid won't ask anyone else for it because he thinks his Sister is getting it, and the Mom knows he wants it, and when/if he gets it it will be a surprise and exceed expectations.

Thats the sort of thing we parents do.

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
4 years ago#8
Marketing fail on Nintendo's part.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.

User Info: shootsmack

shootsmack
4 years ago#9
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
4 years ago#10
DTY3 posted...
Marketing fail on Nintendo's part.

Howso? She, clearly a non-gamer, knew the Wii U was the next generation of Nintendo consoles rather than a new controller or some such thing. Looks like Nintendo's marketing is doing a pretty decent job. You know, considering their marketing campaign hasn't started yet.
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived