The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#1Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 10/7/2012 6:10:32 PM
Mother: "Hey son, looks it's the new Wii, the Wii U!"
Son: "It looks great!"
Mother: "Yeah but you already have your PS3, the Wii U will be for your little sister!"
Son: "Awww okay"

It's depressing when I see stuff like this, I am not a damn troll, I am being serious here.
---
"Behold my powers! I am the most powerful Pokemon in the world!" -Mewtwo
3DS FC: 4339-2716-5379
#2knightimexPosted 10/7/2012 6:11:51 PM
Lies.

sound clip or it didn't happen.
---
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu
#3link5003Posted 10/7/2012 6:13:31 PM
I've heard sadder, like the mom that said that she wasn't going to get her son a Snes because they had the Nes, and they just want more money out of them.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#4segamaster316Posted 10/7/2012 6:15:14 PM
I Don't really know what to tell you on that one. The same thing will happen when the new Playstation and Xbox release.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#5Jinzo 111887Posted 10/7/2012 6:16:22 PM
Doesn't mean they can't share. The Wii U has support for at least four players. Maybe even five or six. That's why "Wii" is part of the name.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z
#6VenomSymbiotePosted 10/7/2012 6:29:01 PM
That's kind of mean of the mom. Pointing out a new system, to flip it and say "Ha ha no you're not getting one." Why even mention it? Unless of course she intends to get it for him for a Holiday gift. In that case, way to go mom.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#7NyyarkPosted 10/7/2012 6:35:58 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
That's kind of mean of the mom. Pointing out a new system, to flip it and say "Ha ha no you're not getting one." Why even mention it? Unless of course she intends to get it for him for a Holiday gift. In that case, way to go mom.

Yeah if the mom was pointing it out she was probably testing the waters for a holiday surprise present. Now the kid won't ask anyone else for it because he thinks his Sister is getting it, and the Mom knows he wants it, and when/if he gets it it will be a surprise and exceed expectations.

Thats the sort of thing we parents do.
#8DTY3Posted 10/7/2012 6:36:59 PM
Marketing fail on Nintendo's part.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#9shootsmackPosted 10/7/2012 6:42:23 PM
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#10Starwars4JPosted 10/7/2012 6:44:29 PM
DTY3 posted...
Marketing fail on Nintendo's part.

Howso? She, clearly a non-gamer, knew the Wii U was the next generation of Nintendo consoles rather than a new controller or some such thing. Looks like Nintendo's marketing is doing a pretty decent job. You know, considering their marketing campaign hasn't started yet.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade