When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#31DTY3Posted 10/7/2012 9:11:50 PM
^I expected the roles to be reversed in that scenario
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#32FoxtrotDelta88Posted 10/7/2012 9:15:25 PM
cvmckenzie posted...
I dont go in gamestop for anything but massive trade ups when they do their 50% bonus crap, so i got nothing like that, but i was once in a book store and overheard a mom yelling at her son, seriously now, because he wanted her to buy him a 6 dollar book and she said books were, "a godamm waste-a-money you caint even watch or play or nothin and they just sit there when youre done with em."

He was like 9 or so.

Its my hope that he grows up to be successful enough to make her feel stupid for being who she is.

That's just sad when a child who wants to read is refused a book because the parent thinks it a waste. I do happen to be a HUGE gamer, but i'm also a big reader. I recently moved to a new state and the first thing i did was find a bookstore since i knew there would surely be a place to buy games here. In this day and age were gaming is so common place, its hard to find someone who likes to read. In an equally sad story, i was talking to some kid that was like 14, he didn't know who Captain America was.............felt like crying really.
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#33SSJ4CHRISPosted 10/7/2012 9:19:41 PM
link5003 posted...
I've heard sadder, like the mom that said that she wasn't going to get her son a Snes because they had the Nes, and they just want more money out of them.

So, you think the truth is sad? That's sad.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#34IronOnionPosted 10/7/2012 9:23:22 PM
cvmckenzie posted...
I dont go in gamestop for anything but massive trade ups when they do their 50% bonus crap, so i got nothing like that, but i was once in a book store and overheard a mom yelling at her son, seriously now, because he wanted her to buy him a 6 dollar book and she said books were, "a godamm waste-a-money you caint even watch or play or nothin and they just sit there when youre done with em."

He was like 9 or so.

Its my hope that he grows up to be successful enough to make her feel stupid for being who she is.

My old psychology teacher's dad said pretty much the same thing to him(although it was at least 50 years ago, and his dad had dropped out of high school), and it seemed to only make him want to read more. The man was constantly reading at every spare minute he got, and even once talked about how after he got out of college, he realized that he had spent over $2000 on books in less than a year. Then he remembered that libraries exist, joined one, and ended up being one of the founders of another one. I can only hope that kid turns out even somewhat the same.
---
Hey, boy! Looking for your soul!?
#35Ruff_PuffPosted 10/7/2012 9:58:03 PM
What? Who are these children who get their own consoles? D:
In my family all home consoles are shared.
#36GoombacrusherPosted 10/7/2012 10:09:30 PM(edited)
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

That's a good way to get yourself fired. Why on earth would you deprive your store of sales?
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#37ChipChippersonPosted 10/7/2012 10:16:06 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

That's a good way to get yourself fired. Why on earth would you deprive your store of sales?

if this is real (which i doubt) at least said people know whose teeth to knock out when their kid starts begging them for one and the only way to get it is by paying $1500.00 on ebay.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#38crowkillersPosted 10/7/2012 10:16:36 PM
Funny... When I was growing up me and my 2 brothers all played the same system...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
#39crowkillersPosted 10/7/2012 10:17:35 PM
What is the average age of the members here..? 13..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
#40finalevePosted 10/7/2012 10:17:55 PM
link5003 posted...
I've heard sadder, like the mom that said that she wasn't going to get her son a Snes because they had the Nes, and they just want more money out of them.

http://youtu.be/MTzyz2TgGls

Sadly, this is real.