When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#41shootsmackPosted 10/7/2012 10:19:48 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

You are a grade A idiot. Losing sales for a system - not a game, a SYSTEM, which is more money - you haven't even used yet, just to fulfill your fetish for seeing Nintendo have a remote chance at failing?

I really hope you get fired.

Why would I care how much money my corporate superiors make? I don't.
The only money there is to make in games (on a store level) is through sales of used games and warranty service plans, neither of which I care about, for one, because we do not have used games, and for two, because I don't try to sell things I do not believe in.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#42Sirian_HawkPosted 10/7/2012 10:27:58 PM
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

No. That is total BS and didn't happen. Even if someone was stupid enough to listen to your nonsense and cancel their pre-order (and I doubt they would anyway since people who pre-order are not impulse buying but buying something they know they want or for someone who wants it and you aren't going to change that), no one is going to turn all delusionally anti-Nintendo like you, enough to come back and "thank you". Lie to yourself all you like. Keep making up stories to boost your fragile ego, but don't bother lying to us. It's just sad.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#43crowkillersPosted 10/7/2012 10:31:45 PM
shootsmack posted...
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
shootsmack posted...

You are a grade A idiot. Losing sales for a system - not a game, a SYSTEM, which is more money - you haven't even used yet, just to fulfill your fetish for seeing Nintendo have a remote chance at failing?

I really hope you get fired.

Why would I care how much money my corporate superiors make? I don't.
The only money there is to make in games (on a store level) is through sales of used games and warranty service plans, neither of which I care about, for one, because we do not have used games, and for two, because I don't try to sell things I do not believe in.

That is funny... I am very good friend with the General Manager from one of the 2 Gamestops here in town (I've known him for over 20 years) and he was recently at a meeting in Texas where all of the Managers from across the U.S. attended to preview the Wii U and every single launch game and he spoke very Highly of the system and the majority of games that he got to play, he did say that Nintendoland was not so great.

So why do you feel that is Nintendo ripping people off and slapping people in the face..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
#44RingsOfUranusPosted 10/7/2012 10:33:23 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
AstralFrost posted...
I feel really sorry for the little sister.

Yeah, having awesome games does suck.

Good thing we all got PS360s, with little to no variety in the gaming library, and useless media features.
Man, do I love playing games with generic heroes, to hell with actually interesting ones like Mario, or Samus, I prefer FPS guy 41, and generic action fantasy heroine 9941.

Why settle for Kirby or Earthbound when we have stock HD 2D animu fighter, from arccomcoega?
And reboots of games from the 90's no one cares about.

ITT: Mario is an interesting character.

Fanboys gonna' fanboy
---
go back to Japan so you can play as your 4 girlie men in a line fighting giant varieties of every woodland creature. -IamTheWhiteGuy
#45crowkillersPosted 10/7/2012 10:34:35 PM
More than one person has returned a day to return their preorder..?

What location is your place of work located..? Dum-Dum-Ville..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
#46LordcrabfoodPosted 10/7/2012 10:53:26 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Good thing we all got PS360s, with little to no variety in the gaming library, and useless media features.
Man, do I love playing games with generic heroes, to hell with actually interesting ones like Mario, or Samus, I prefer FPS guy 41, and generic action fantasy heroine 9941.

Why settle for Kirby or Earthbound when we have stock HD 2D animu fighter, from arccomcoega?

LOL, Where would the world be without stereotypes in order for an individual to try and form an argument.
#47DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/7/2012 11:01:16 PM
I fail to see the problem.
Kid has a game console.
Parent buys game console for other sibling.

This is pretty normal, and in fact, good parenting. Picking favorites is bad.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#48sonic777Posted 10/7/2012 11:18:06 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
AstralFrost posted...

ITT: Mario is an interesting character.

Fanboys gonna' fanboy

Mario IS an interesting character, if you like furries.
#49ElectricMolePosted 10/7/2012 11:18:35 PM
What's the problem? A Wii u will be in that kids house regardless of who it is intended for.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#50darkhishamPosted 10/7/2012 11:19:09 PM
Starwars4J posted...
DTY3 posted...
Marketing fail on Nintendo's part.

Howso? She, clearly a non-gamer, knew the Wii U was the next generation of Nintendo consoles rather than a new controller or some such thing. Looks like Nintendo's marketing is doing a pretty decent job. You know, considering their marketing campaign hasn't started yet.

Nintendo: People are getting confused and think the Wii U is a peripheral.
*Some time later*
Nintendo: Screw everyone, we already made the boxes.
---
GT: The Nightdream
PSN/Steam ID: The_Nightdream