When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#51Rogue_MercurialPosted 10/7/2012 11:51:06 PM
crowkillers posted...
What is the average age of the members here..? 13..?

---
Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed.
#52crunchb3rryPosted 10/8/2012 12:09:35 AM
If you have no hair on your armpits, cool, that's a valid concern. If you do, have no fear. Miyamoto has Peter Pan syndrome too. You're not alone.
#53mcnichojPosted 10/8/2012 12:19:05 AM
Jokes on the mom if she didn't already preorder it. [spoiler]Or rather no joke at all and possibly a new customer fro me.[/spoiler]
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS owner.
#54Lozh900Posted 10/8/2012 12:25:27 AM
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

If you tried that on me I'd bounce your head off the counter for trying to force your opinion on me and trying to tell me what I deem as except able expensive of the money I earn.

You wouldn't be the first stick up opinionated idiot I'd have done that too either.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ddr3 1333 / Gtx 560 se 1gb gddr5 / 1tb hdd / 600w psu silent / win 7 home prem 64
#55ZvolTxPosted 10/8/2012 12:42:40 AM
Ruff_Puff posted...
What? Who are these children who get their own consoles? D:
In my family all home consoles are shared.

When you are in a family like mine where you don't just get things, you have to earn them. You know what I got for my 18th birthday? A hundred dollars. That's it. I own my consoles and my games because I earn them myself, I'm not spoiled.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#56sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 12:51:05 AM
Lozh900 posted...
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

If you tried that on me I'd bounce your head off the counter for trying to force your opinion on me and trying to tell me what I deem as except able expensive of the money I earn.

You wouldn't be the first stick up opinionated idiot I'd have done that too either.

Oh, aren't YOU the tough guy, telling people what you'd do on the Internet.

Is this after you wipe all the Cheetos dust off your chin and fingers or before?
#57squatch22Posted 10/8/2012 1:15:46 AM
shootsmack posted...

If that happened at a store i went to, id preorder it and buy it from a different sales person in the same store so this guy doesnt get the sale or commision.
---
''Having more games (even more good games) doesn't equal better'' : Sony fan troll logic.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#58Apeman1813Posted 10/8/2012 1:36:32 AM
I'm sorry, I came into this thread expecting somebody dying before they get to play the Wii U or something more significant than parents not buying systems for their kids. Talk about 1st world problems...
---
On GameFAQs, one issue means the entire thing is broken. - EndofEternityxx
#59Lozh900Posted 10/8/2012 1:48:28 AM
sonic777 posted...
Lozh900 posted...
shootsmack posted...

Oh, aren't YOU the tough guy, telling people what you'd do on the Internet.

Is this after you wipe all the Cheetos dust off your chin and fingers or before?

WTH is a Cheetos? And if you are insinuating. I am a basement gamer nerd you'd be far from the target.

For one I own 2 of my own houses, I own my own business and have a very successful relationship with my fiancée. Gaming is also my backseat hobby to running, cycling and swimming.

And yes, in real life I would and have done this to people before. I'm too old to put up with idiotic superiority complexes from the younger generations any more.

Their general mind set is that their opinion is correct and everyone should conform to that opinion.

Also I didn't threaten him directly, I merely expressed what action I would take should some opinionated jobs worth attempt to tell me what my hard earned money should be spent on.

If you think about it, it is rather offensive as he is basically telling you that you haven't got a clue what to spend your own money on.

If someone visits one of my many shops and they ask for advice ill happily give them my opinion but I won't just force it upon them because I know it's my opinion and everyone has a mind of their own.

Outright just convincing them they are wasting their money when they haven't asked for an opinion is insinuating that the person is stupid and whether you believe they are or not doesn't mean you should point it out as it is offensive and in bad business practice.

Also, isn't this guy contradicting his contract of employment by convincing people not to spend large amounts of money in what we can assume from is post is a sales job.

I'm confused as to how that would ever equate to a sale if you are convincing someone not to spend the money.

Idiots are idiots and some people do need to have the opinionated snobbish behaviour knocked out of them. (That us my opinion of course but since you quoted my post you effectively opened up to discussion)
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ddr3 1333 / Gtx 560 se 1gb gddr5 / 1tb hdd / 600w psu silent / win 7 home prem 64
#60sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 3:19:13 AM
Lozh900 posted...
*long winded "I'm so successful! Look at me!" type of post*

Your holier-than-thou performance isn't impressing anyone.