When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#81Lozh900Posted 10/8/2012 10:10:33 AM
Anyway that's enough trolling the idiots. Was hoping someone would bite lol.

Nah I wouldn't attack anyone lmao. I just like to stir things up. Gullible :-D
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ddr3 1333 / Gtx 560 se 1gb gddr5 / 1tb hdd / 600w psu silent / win 7 home prem 64
#82MelkacPosted 10/8/2012 11:27:53 AM
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person told me s/he does whatever the f*** he wants.

Fixed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#83DTY3Posted 10/8/2012 12:03:25 PM
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
sonic777 posted...
LOL you're literally defending a pathetic excuse for a man. That makes you pathetic.

Stop being so mad.

Misuse of the word 'literally'. Classy. You might wanna chill out a bit. All that overcompensating can't possibly be healthy. Also speaking of holier-than-thou....

Come on, kid. You're 8 yrs old. Have you never heard a word that can mean more than one very specific thing? Now I know why you are so mad at being called a pathetic man. You're just a snot-nosed kid.

;)

And Sonic777 used an Escape Rope!
Literally only means one thing. Don't try to twist it. And I didn't even defend the guy, so unless your definition of 'literally' means "not at all" then you misused it. Damn. Must suck trying to insult someone's age when you can't even use a basic word right.
I'm 18 btw.

Protip: Next time you get so worked up but want people to think you're in control of the situation, don't call everyone who disagrees with you a kid. Emoticons will only get you so far.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#84sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 12:09:48 PM
It took you 2 hours to come up with that?

I stand by what I said. Snot-nosed kid.

Go read what your response was, and then come tell me you weren't defending some jerk who claims to smash heads into counters because they "force opinions" on them.
#85DTY3Posted 10/8/2012 12:37:14 PM
sonic777 posted...

Go read what your response was, and then come tell me you weren't defending some jerk who claims to smash heads into counters because they "force opinions" on them.

No it didn't take me two hours. Not everybody spends their whole day refreshing the message boards.

I didn't defend him. I just pointed out the fact that you got all upset because he shared details about his life. But by all means. Continue your baseless insults.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#86GigaVoltsPosted 10/8/2012 12:39:30 PM
What kind of parent gets their kid excited about something then says they can't have it?

That is mean.
---
The Official GigaVolts Seal of Approval
http://i.imgur.com/WgB8X.png
#87guedesbrawlPosted 10/8/2012 12:43:39 PM
the thing is going for the little sister.this means she is the last person to play the thing;her brother will use it.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#88shootsmackPosted 10/8/2012 12:46:15 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

No. That is total BS and didn't happen. Even if someone was stupid enough to listen to your nonsense and cancel their pre-order (and I doubt they would anyway since people who pre-order are not impulse buying but buying something they know they want or for someone who wants it and you aren't going to change that), no one is going to turn all delusionally anti-Nintendo like you, enough to come back and "thank you". Lie to yourself all you like. Keep making up stories to boost your fragile ego, but don't bother lying to us. It's just sad.

No, it actually did happen. I exaggerated the amount of times, but it has happened twice where unrelated people get into a follow-up conversation when I am working and they express happiness over saving money. I've specifically talked 6 or 7 people out of buying the system altogether, and tainted perceptions of the system wherever and whenever appropriate.

I apologize you feel the need to insert garden variety community college psych into and all over this situation, but believe me, people like avoiding buyer's remorse.

People get caught up in hype, but I always make sure they know the lay of the land before they throw tons of money down on paltry launch titles, overpriced hardware or bogus, needless features.

it's really not hard to talk someone out of buying something. nobody likes to spend money, so much as to HAVE money, or to have THINGS. It's really easy to do with this system because no devs have any money into this garbage and no games are on the horizon. Portable Mario is not worth 60 dollars no matter what planet you are from, which leaves the launch lineup completely devoid of substance.

Miiverse? Don't even get me started on the "online strategy." They don't want DLC, they don't want sales and competitive pricing. They just string people along with overpriced trash and market themselves as separate or above.

The easiest people to convince are the parents, because you tell them things like:

"Timmy won't like it, Nintendo isn't cool and there no good games come out for it."
"He will stop playing it within a month. Not worth the effort."
"For your kids? I've heard these are really fragile, might not be the best fit."
"Buying this would be like buying All Bran for your toddler."
"I've been hearing they may be recalling some units? A child wa
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#89CcroybbPosted 10/8/2012 12:56:34 PM
sonic777 posted...

Maybe- and this is just a possibility- he has other things to do in his life? Excuse him for having things to do besides wasting time on message boards.
#90sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 1:05:17 PM
DTY3 posted...
I don't spend all day on the boards. Oh, my 500 active messages? Yeah, not important.

I was just saying you seemed mad to get you to flame me. Now I have to pretend to take the high road because you've made me look silly and petty.

Also, sometimes, I wipe my own butt.

Pretty much sums up.your time in this topic.