When I went to GameStop, this was a very sad conversation I heard

#91DTY3Posted 10/8/2012 1:08:35 PM
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
I don't spend all day on the boards. Oh, my 500 active messages? Yeah, not important.

I was just saying you seemed mad to get you to flame me. Now I have to pretend to take the high road because you've made me look silly and petty.

Also, sometimes, I wipe my own butt.

Pretty much sums up.your time in this topic.

Dude. You are extremely petty. Misquoting me? And you call me a child. Wow. This is just desperate. 500 active messages an yet I still have a life and don't spend all day refreshing a message board. I'm sorry if you do.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#92Enigma149Posted 10/8/2012 1:09:58 PM
shootsmack posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

No. That is total BS and didn't happen. Even if someone was stupid enough to listen to your nonsense and cancel their pre-order (and I doubt they would anyway since people who pre-order are not impulse buying but buying something they know they want or for someone who wants it and you aren't going to change that), no one is going to turn all delusionally anti-Nintendo like you, enough to come back and "thank you". Lie to yourself all you like. Keep making up stories to boost your fragile ego, but don't bother lying to us. It's just sad.

No, it actually did happen. I exaggerated the amount of times, but it has happened twice where unrelated people get into a follow-up conversation when I am working and they express happiness over saving money. I've specifically talked 6 or 7 people out of buying the system altogether, and tainted perceptions of the system wherever and whenever appropriate.

I apologize you feel the need to insert garden variety community college psych into and all over this situation, but believe me, people like avoiding buyer's remorse.

People get caught up in hype, but I always make sure they know the lay of the land before they throw tons of money down on paltry launch titles, overpriced hardware or bogus, needless features.

it's really not hard to talk someone out of buying something. nobody likes to spend money, so much as to HAVE money, or to have THINGS. It's really easy to do with this system because no devs have any money into this garbage and no games are on the horizon. Portable Mario is not worth 60 dollars no matter what planet you are from, which leaves the launch lineup completely devoid of substance.

Miiverse? Don't even get me started on the "online strategy." They don't want DLC, they don't want sales and competitive pricing. They just string people along with overpriced trash and market themselves as separate or above.

The easiest people to convince are the parents, because you tell them things like:

"Timmy won't like it, Nintendo isn't cool and there no good games come out for it."
"He will stop playing it within a month. Not worth the effort."
"For your kids? I've heard these are really fragile, might not be the best fit."
"Buying this would be like buying All Bran for your toddler."
"I've been hearing they may be recalling some units? A child wa

So, you lied to get people to not buy a product they wanted because you think the product is "garbage".

I really hope you get fired. I mean, if you were to voice legitimate complaints about the system, that'd be one thing. But making up recalls and claiming the system isn't "cool" is quite another.
---
PSN:CrimsonEnigma; 3DS:4897-5935-1924
I don't spend much time online, so don't be offended or surprised if I don't respond to a friend request or something.
#93sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 1:10:38 PM
DTY3 posted...
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
I don't spend all day on the boards. Oh, my 500 active messages? Yeah, not important.

I was just saying you seemed mad to get you to flame me. Now I have to pretend to take the high road because you've made me look silly and petty.

Also, sometimes, I wipe my own butt.

Pretty much sums up.your time in this topic.

Dude. You are extremely petty. Misquoting me? And you call me a child. Wow. This is just desperate. 500 active messages an yet I still have a life and don't spend all day refreshing a message board. I'm sorry if you do.

Lol. K.
#94DTY3Posted 10/8/2012 1:12:50 PM
And that is probably the worst attempt at trolling I've seen on this board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#95sonic777Posted 10/8/2012 1:13:48 PM
DTY3 posted...
And that is probably the worst attempt at trolling I've seen on this board.

Lol. K.
#96ZvolTxPosted 10/8/2012 1:13:51 PM
Yalls need to calm down.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#97MC_STAAVYPosted 10/8/2012 1:18:05 PM
How the heck is this sad? It's just common parenting, who cares what moms say?
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
#98Sir_HaxorPosted 10/8/2012 3:08:13 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori Yagami
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#99JobocanPosted 10/8/2012 3:15:55 PM
shootsmack posted...
I talk people out of pre-ordering the Wii U at my store because the system is a huge ripoff and a slap in the face from Nintendo.

More than one person returned a day or so later to thank me for saving them money.

If you actually did that you'd lose your job. Game retailers WANT people to buy new consoles at their store to make the company look better as a whole, if an employee is actively going against that they wouldn't hesitate for a second and fire him on the spot. So either you're lying or your boss is actually the dumbest person on earth.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#100Virus66Posted 10/8/2012 4:25:21 PM
shootsmack posted...
The easiest people to convince are the parents, because you tell them things like:

"Timmy won't like it, Nintendo isn't cool and there no good games come out for it."
"He will stop playing it within a month. Not worth the effort."
"For your kids? I've heard these are really fragile, might not be the best fit."
"Buying this would be like buying All Bran for your toddler."
"I've been hearing they may be recalling some units? A child wa

In case it wasn't clear that you were trolling before, this pretty much proves it. No person in their right mind would believe any of that crap. "It isn't cool" and "All Bran for your toddler" were bad enough but recalls? How do you expect someone to believe that a game system that isn't out is already being recalled? I mean, I think people ware pretty f****** stupid to begin with, but I highly doubt they are THAT stupid to believe such ludicrous statements. It's pretty easy to tell when someone is completely biased against something.
---
PSN: JVir
3DS: 2363-5623-8355