The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Ubisoft: Rayman Legends exclusive because gamepad is bundled with console

#1StickMen1090Posted 10/7/2012 10:19:55 PM
According to Ubisoft’s Chris McEntee, bringing Rayman Legends to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is possible. However, because Wii U is packaged with a Wii U GamePad, which features a 6.2 inch touchscreen, the upcoming platformer is a Wii U exclusive; if the game was coming to PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, to get an experience similar to Wii U, consumers would have to purchase a PlayStation Vita or a touchscreen device that’s compatible with the Xbox SmartGlass application.

“Well, technically we could to it with SmartGlass [for Xbox 360] and with the Vita being linked to the PlayStation 3. The possibility could be there, but we chose to really focus on Wii U specifically because it has a special toolset, and because everyone that buys it gets what they need to play the game.”

“We don’t want to have the player dependent on other technology that they have to purchase to make sure they can play the full experience. Here you buy the Wii U system, you buy the game, and you can experience all of the content without extras. And we didn’t want to give somebody half of the experience just for the sake of getting it out on another console. We want the player to get everything that we have to offer them from this game.”
#2WesfanboyneverPosted 10/7/2012 10:59:05 PM
Hmmm.... interesting point of view...
---
What's to say really?
#3Chocobo115Posted 10/7/2012 11:05:40 PM
Ah well, their loss.
I understand the reasoning about don't want to leave customers with just half experience.
But really they are missing out on loads of the customers. Namely the fans on PS3/360 that has no wish to get a Wii U.

As far as I remember, didn't Origins sell worse on Wii compared to PS3 & 360...?
#4PendragoonPosted 10/7/2012 11:09:48 PM
I can see their point. I also have to wonder if Nintendo didn't help fund the game, the first one wasn't a massive success after all...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#5badboyPosted 10/7/2012 11:20:40 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Ah well, their loss.
I understand the reasoning about don't want to leave customers with just half experience.
But really they are missing out on loads of the customers. Namely the fans on PS3/360 that has no wish to get a Wii U.

As far as I remember, didn't Origins sell worse on Wii compared to PS3 & 360...?

You don't know, maybe Nintendo funded the game to get exclusivity. Ubisoft won't make more money if a game is exclusive to one console.
#6Elements012894Posted 10/7/2012 11:57:17 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
I can see their point. I also have to wonder if Nintendo didn't help fund the game, the first one wasn't a massive success after all...

I think the first one was very cheap to make and they ported it to every system out their.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#7Wario_manPosted 10/8/2012 12:01:38 AM
Can't you use a Pro Controller to play the game?
---
First I'll get the treasure, and then I'll get you.
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/8/2012 12:07:40 AM
It's okay, Nintendo can keep it, it looks really bad compared to Origins
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9PedroMontanaPosted 10/8/2012 12:47:27 AM
Well, perhaps Sony will offer PS3/Vita bundles in the future.

But for now, it looks like it'll stay permanently exclusive.
---
No More Heroes
#10ChipChippersonPosted 10/8/2012 12:51:56 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Ah well, their loss.

And if it was on the PS4/720 they'd be in the same boat. I don't see why Nintendo getting exclusives is treated like this terrible thing when fans of those consoles wouldn't give 2 poops if the situation was reversed and the Wii U didn't get the game.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic