Ubisoft: Rayman Legends exclusive because gamepad is bundled with console

#11ReedeemerPosted 10/8/2012 2:01:44 AM
Wario_man posted...
Can't you use a Pro Controller to play the game?

Multiplayer only I think. I played with it at the booths and first player was playing that green dude on the touch screen while I played as Rayman with the pro control on that rhythm stage you see in all the videos. There are parts in the campaign where you have to use him instead of Rayman, so you'll need the gamepad.
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#12Wario_manPosted 10/8/2012 2:04:12 AM
Reedeemer posted...
Wario_man posted...
Can't you use a Pro Controller to play the game?

Multiplayer only I think. I played with it at the booths and first player was playing that green dude on the touch screen while I played as Rayman with the pro control on that rhythm stage you see in all the videos. There are parts in the campaign where you have to use him instead of Rayman, so you'll need the gamepad.

Sounds irritating, may give the whole thing a miss and just stick with Origins.
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#13Chocobo115Posted 10/8/2012 2:08:07 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Ah well, their loss.
I understand the reasoning about don't want to leave customers with just half experience.
But really they are missing out on loads of the customers. Namely the fans on PS3/360 that has no wish to get a Wii U.

And if it was on the PS4/720 they'd be in the same boat. I don't see why Nintendo getting exclusives is treated like this terrible thing when fans of those consoles wouldn't give 2 poops if the situation was reversed and the Wii U didn't get the game.

I don't think it is Nintendo getting exclusives that is being raged on. I think it more cause that Nintendo getting exclusive sequels of games previously on both PS3 & 360. that enrages the fans of the particular series.

I mean I haven't seen anyone being mad about that "Wonderful something" game. Whilst Bayonetta 2 caused a <puppy> storm cause the fanbase is on PS3 & 360.
#14WesfanboyneverPosted 10/8/2012 2:13:57 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Ah well, their loss.
I understand the reasoning about don't want to leave customers with just half experience.
But really they are missing out on loads of the customers. Namely the fans on PS3/360 that has no wish to get a Wii U.

And if it was on the PS4/720 they'd be in the same boat. I don't see why Nintendo getting exclusives is treated like this terrible thing when fans of those consoles wouldn't give 2 poops if the situation was reversed and the Wii U didn't get the game.

I don't think it is Nintendo getting exclusives that is being raged on. I think it more cause that Nintendo getting exclusive sequels of games previously on both PS3 & 360. that enrages the fans of the particular series.

I mean I haven't seen anyone being mad about that "Wonderful something" game. Whilst Bayonetta 2 caused a <puppy> storm cause the fanbase is on PS3 & 360.

I agree with you there but...

Technically Rayman Origins was on Wii... and is coming to 3DS.... and the previous main Rayman games were also on Nintendo systems... so Rayman Legends is not that... fanbase enraging as it were...?
---
What's to say really?
#15Chocobo115Posted 10/8/2012 2:24:10 AM
Wesfanboynever posted...

Technically Rayman Origins was on Wii... and is coming to 3DS.... and the previous main Rayman games were also on Nintendo systems... so Rayman Legends is not that... fanbase enraging as it were...?

As I understood it Rayman Origins sold better on PS3 & 360 than compared the Wii.
You could also argue that the previous main Rayman games were on sony consoles.
But i guess the Rayman fans ain't as Rabbid (ooooh...) as the Bayonetta fans.
#16FoppePosted 10/8/2012 2:35:31 AM(edited)
Chocobo115 posted...
Wesfanboynever posted...

As I understood it Rayman Origins sold better on PS3 & 360 than compared the Wii.
You could also argue that the previous main Rayman games were on sony consoles.
But i guess the Rayman fans ain't as Rabbid (ooooh...) as the Bayonetta fans.

Rayman: PS1, PC, GBC, GBA, DS, Jaguar, Saturn.
Rayman 2: PS1, PS2, PC, N64, GBC, DS, 3DS, Dreamcast, IOS.
Rayman 3: PS2, PC, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, N-Gage, Mac, celllphone.

Rayman has always been on pretty much everything.
The only Rayman games that's not been on Nintendo hardware are Rabbids: Alive & Kicking, Rayman Junior, Rayman Golf and Rayman Jungle Run.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#17Starwars4JPosted 10/8/2012 4:54:06 AM
Oh wow, I was sure that there were already plans in the works to bring a lesser version of the game to the PS360...they aren't even considering it.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#18WesfanboyneverPosted 10/8/2012 5:12:17 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It's okay, Nintendo can keep it, it looks really bad compared to Origins

But it would probably still be better then all the other 2D Platformers out this year still (Sonic 2 EP2, NSMB2, NSMBU, etc...)... if that proved to be true that is.
---
What's to say really?
#19darkjedilinkPosted 10/8/2012 7:16:37 AM
Wesfanboynever posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It's okay, Nintendo can keep it, it looks really bad compared to Origins

But it would probably still be better then all the other 2D Platformers out this year still (Sonic 2 EP2, NSMB2, NSMBU, etc...)... if that proved to be true that is.

No, he's just mad because his prediction of it being a "timed exclusive" is wrong.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#20GencoilPosted 10/8/2012 7:29:21 AM
It's depressing to see people not even giving the gamepad a fair chance. Stop being so afraid of anything different.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil