do i need a gamepad for wii u? or advance controller is good enough?

#1northshore420Posted 10/8/2012 12:56:27 AM
okay so i have 2 wii u preordered.....im debating if i should just take both game pads for one wii u and then use the advance controller for the other wii u and just give it to my nephew, will that work?
#2DBPanterAPosted 10/8/2012 1:00:48 AM
Simple answer: No

1) There are no games that utilize the use of 2 GamePads at the same time currently. Do not expect this for 12-24 months.

2) While there are many control options available for games, the GamePad is the central controller that ALL games can be played upon. There will be games that require the Gamepad.

Do not split up the GamePads as you suggest. If a game comes along that needs two, you can either buy a second GamePad or call over your nephew and play together.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minnesota
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#3FoppePosted 10/8/2012 1:01:23 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64263134 shows the controller setup used by the launch games.
I don't think that any game supports two gamepads yet, and we don't know if the system requires a gamepad.
Do you hate your nephew so much so he is not supposed to experience the real Wii U?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4northshore420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:03:43 AM
Foppe posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64263134 shows the controller setup used by the launch games.
I don't think that any game supports two gamepads yet, and we don't know if the system requires a gamepad.
Do you hate your nephew so much so he is not supposed to experience the real Wii U?

hate? if its free why would he complain?
#5ReedeemerPosted 10/8/2012 1:06:57 AM
The gamepads are not being sold separately right now because there is no need to have 2 of them at the moment (and because of the people that think the WiiU is just a new controller). I imagine you'll need to have the gamepad as first player for just usual everyday stuff.
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#6northshore420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:08:55 AM
Reedeemer posted...
The gamepads are not being sold separately right now because there is no need to have 2 of them at the moment (and because of the people that think the WiiU is just a new controller). I imagine you'll need to have the gamepad as first player for just usual everyday stuff.

im just worried if i end up breaking it and need a new one hahaha
#7FoppePosted 10/8/2012 1:09:51 AM
northshore420 posted...
Foppe posted...

hate? if its free why would he complain?

So if you ever give him a car, would you remove the breaks and a few engine parts as well?
I mean, the car works after all, why should he complain?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8FoppePosted 10/8/2012 1:10:54 AM
northshore420 posted...
Reedeemer posted...

im just worried if i end up breaking it and need a new one hahaha

Pro tip: Hold the controller in your hands. Do not throw it at the wall.
---